Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking egg whites....

Pimp C

Thinking about drinking egg whites as an inexpensive source of protein.How many of you do/have done this? How many egg whites do you use? Is there anything you can do to make it taste better? Thanks guys, Chris

3 grams per egg white...your looking at a whole shit load of eggs,suspension is right..dont fuck with uncooked eggs

I know what the other Bro's say about uncooked eggs but i always put 3 in protein shakes.

Buy those egg whites that come in a little milk carton looking container. It has about 50-60g of protein per conatiner so I just mix that with some milk and a banana and 1 cup of fat free yogurt. Taste pretty damn good and they can't give you salmonilla when you buy these :)

I'm not sure which country your from but in the UK the majority of eggs carries a red lion stamp which guarantees they are salmonella free. As for the taste I also put them in a flavoured protein drink, you just can't tell the egg whites are there. If you can't get salmonella free eggs though, don't take them raw.

damn now you guys have me worried about drinking egg whites. I sometimes put 2-3 egg whites in my protien shakes also and you can't taste em at all. I might now consider going to the store and picking up the carton like organon canon mentioned.

da_bigone said:
damn now you guys have me worried about drinking egg whites. I sometimes put 2-3 egg whites in my protien shakes also and you can't taste em at all. I might now consider going to the store and picking up the carton like organon canon mentioned.

Most likely you are not going to get poisoned. But dont take the chance. Its not worth it.

You will eventually build up a resistance to salmonella, so if you've been drinking egg whites for years you are probably okay.

"You will eventually build up a resistance to salmonella, so if you've been drinking egg whites for years you are probably okay."

I doubt it. First, if you have not had illness from egg consumption, than most likely you have not come into contact with Salmonella. With no contact with the organism, there is no acquired immunity. Second, there are numerous strains of Salmonellae, not just one, so even if you possibly do build an immunity to one, there are others to take its place.

Top Bottom