Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Don't train legs?

SuperStrong

High End Bro
Platinum
Don't get me wrong, I hit legs -- hard -- get light headed, room spins, nauseated, and all that fun stuff. This is my strongest body part and most developed muscle part to the point where it's a bit disproportionate to my upper body as my legs grow faster and upper body lags behind. So I got good genetics for my legs.

I have always trained legs hard because I hear it increases natural testosterone to help the rest of your body grow -- but on a cycle, since testosterone will already be increased because of AAS, then this takes out any benefit for me for training legs, or is there something else that I am not taking into account?

I currently will be cutting up on cycle, focusing on upper body work and cardio, and really legs isn't a priority at all for me. I'm thinking leaving legs out might even help with recovery for my upper body muscles because when I hit legs I imagine that that takes quite a toll on recovery. So since legs is not a priority for me, and I don't need the benefits of increasing natural testosterone production because of the AAS, I'm thinking to leave it out or maybe hit them every other week. What do you guys think?

Don't get me wrong, I hit legs -- hard -- get light headed, room spins, nauseated, and all that fun stuff. This is my strongest body part and most developed muscle part to the point where it's a bit disproportionate to my upper body as my legs grow faster and upper body lags behind. So I got good genetics for my legs.

I have always trained legs hard because I hear it increases natural testosterone to help the rest of your body grow -- but on a cycle, since testosterone will already be increased because of AAS, then this takes out any benefit for me for training legs, or is there something else that I am not taking into account?

I currently will be cutting up on cycle, focusing on upper body work and cardio, and really legs isn't a priority at all for me. I'm thinking leaving legs out might even help with recovery for my upper body muscles because when I hit legs I imagine that that takes quite a toll on recovery. So since legs is not a priority for me, and I don't need the benefits of increasing natural testosterone production because of the AAS, I'm thinking to leave it out or maybe hit them every other week. What do you guys think?

I think its all about proper balance of a physique,,if your legs arre your strong point I would still hit them,,,just dont make them the focus or priority in your training.

yes you left out growth hormone and there are countless other hormones and 'manly' chemicals that get stimulated in the body.

ever notice what video game geeks look like who play on their computer/video game consoles all day? there is a reason for that.. its cause they aren't stimulating anything all day except their minds and taste buds.

lifters stimulate what mother nature gave us through evolution. so it is crucial to work the legs and carry things around and lift things using the legs. i would suggest carrying your gf around as well as crazy as that sounds, not only will that stimulate your own body but will stimulate :) her as well.

Even if your legs are out of proportion big, not training them at all you will lose strength. I wouldn't want to lose strength, especially when you have an opportunity to gain strength while on the cycle.
You don't need to train them for size, but you could train super heavy powerlifter style to gain strength without size, or you could train them at higher reps for endurance, cardio, and calorie burning. Either one would be preferable to neglecting them completely, in my mind.

for the entire 12 weeks of my contest prep i never trained legs once - and i am sure the intense cardio kept them full and at there max size

thanks for the feedback guys.

for the entire 12 weeks of my contest prep i never trained legs once - and i am sure the intense cardio kept them full and at there max size

Nice. Good to know.

I usually do HIIT but not doing that right now because am on Ephedrine HCL and caffeine, and heard your heart could explode if doing hiit lol. So just doing steady state cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, and then sometimes also throwing in 20 minutes of medium paced cardio right after a workout.

thanks for the feedback guys.

Nice. Good to know.

I usually do HIIT but not doing that right now because am on Ephedrine HCL and caffeine, and heard your heart could explode if doing hiit lol. So just doing steady state cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, and then sometimes also throwing in 20 minutes of medium paced cardio right after a workout.

contrary to the norm - i never use my eca before cardio - why bother- the h.i.t gonna raise your metabolism and body temp and heart rate- i used it in between workouts to keep everything elevated and burning calories - using it this way also surpresses appetite !

I'm in the same boat. My legs (calves especially, ski boots don't fit me!) are freakishly over-developed in proportion to the rest of my body. During bulks and hormone cycles, I aim to stimulate the rest of my body to catch up.

During these times, I tend to focus on strength training my legs, rather than hypertrophy training. Multiple 1RM squat sets and the like. I get fantastic strength gains in my 1RM as well; it's fun doing a single squat 3x my weight.

I get DOMS like crazy before growth. All the time. I have for years, regardless of sleep, hormones, peptides, diet etc. When I don't get DOMS, I end up not progressing the next week (weights stay the same). DOMS, for me is a fantastic indicator of growth. So, I train with huge intensity, low rep, and I don't get DOMS. I aim to tax my legs, but not stimulate growth... And, what do you know, I didn't gain size at all. Not during a 10 week cycle, and a 30 week bulk. Not an inch on my calves, which is abnormal for me as I have 18" calves at 5'9", (up from 15" calves after 2 years of regular training).

Top Bottom