Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does tuna contain a lot of mercury?

crash3837

When I was on my cycle I would eat 4 cans of tuna a day. At work I'd have about 2 cans each day. Everybody at work noticed me eating tuna all of the time( I ate it so much everybody called me Tuna Man) and one day at work an older lady said that I shouldn't eat so much tuna because it was so high in Mercury. Is there any truth to that? If it is true is it bad to consume that much tuna?

wtf?
if you ate mercury you would be slowly dieing
and last time i checked no one died of eating too much tuna
ask mr x though, i hear he's a big tuna fan:D

Oh yeah! I think Starkist offers a tuna in fresh mercury... though i still prefer fresh water.

seriously, that lady is full of crap. some guys on this board eat twice the amount of tuna you eat and they're still alive...

right guys??

hello?

--Hess

You tell that lady that I said the number one cause of death has always been and always will be LIFE.

All jokes aside though, it would be cool to use salmon steaks, and hamber patties, and chicken breast but tuna in a can is soo easy.

I thought I'd post a few links on tuna & mercury levels and a few links on symptoms of low level mercury poisoning--but instead I suggest you type "tuna mercury" in the 'ol Google search box and spend the rest of the day reading the hundreds of reports about the rising mercury levels in canned tuna and possible risks.

The good news is it won't kill you--low level mercury poisoning generally exhibits itself in CNS dysfunction like insanity.

I just listened to this on the Dr. Dean Adel show the other day (nationally syndicated talk radio show). he explained to the caller that there are studies showing mercury in tuna, however numerous studies have also shown that for an unknown reason mercury doesn't seem to harm adults. Mercury will affect children, but at some point as young adults these effects cannot be traced. Hell, I'm 32 and I eat three cans a day - I think the age will get me before the mercury.

Well i told my doc about my diet, and he told me not to eat so much tuna becuase of the mercury. He said its hasn.t blown up yet but soon it will be all over the News.

M56M:bawling:

There was a news presentation about that... the mercury levels of fish such as swordfish and shark were high.... then they checked out the tuna and some tuna did have traces of mercury in them, but the only warning they gave was to limit the amount of tuna ingested for a "child" to 1 can a week... doesn't seem to do anything to adults.. but watch your children and their tuna..

First i was the Tuna Boy, As they saw me grow it turned into the Tuna man. Tuna man started to get boring so then it was Tuna Can Sam, Two-Can Sam, Three-Can Sam, all tha way up to Seven-Can Sam.

point: It's fun eating Tuna at work.

Top Bottom