Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does pure whey protein (bi product of cheese manufacture) include BCAAs?

ChadMaestro

Hey all, a friend of mine has gotten hold of some pure whey protein from a cheese/dairy manufacturer and wants to sell it to me cheap.

For those that don't know, whey protein is a bi product of cheese manufacturing, basically known as curds and whey, where the curd is molded into cheese and the whey is the liquid that is kinda thrown out.

What I'm interested to know, though, is will this whey protein include essential amino acids? I ask because I don't know what companies put inside the whey protein that they sell. The protein I'm getting from my friend is pure, tasteless. I guess I'm a bit a miss of what comprises of actual whey protein, as I've always heard that good whey will have BCAAs in it, but is that something companies put in and can charge more for, or is that the basics of whey protein?

Chad

Hey all, after a bit of reading, it appears that, yes indeed pure why protein contains all the essential and some non essential amino acids.

Whey protein is a complete protein that contains all 20 amino acids and all nine essential amino acids (i.e. amino acids that must be obtained in the diet because the body cannot make them using other amino acids).

Yes, and cross filtered whey isolate (such as in BIG BLAST) has the highest amount of BCAAs, so there's no need for supplemental glutamine.

Top Bottom