Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does microwaving food remove its nutritional value? Nope!

In terms of preserving any organic compound's structure, I'd say:

Microwave > Steaming > Convection/Conduction

Picture a 250F degree grill *. That isn't a precise 250F degrees -- it follows a Boltzmann distribution that includes temperatures that are much greater than 250F. Those higher temperatures can drive reactions that wouldn't run at 250F.

Now picture a microwave. That radiation is highly selective to water molecules. And while molecules with similar bond-lengths and resonance properties may be present, the odds are against that happening. So let's say a water molecule is heavily irradiated. It's simply going to boil-off the food being cooked.

* I intentionally chose a very low grill temperature to illustrate my point. In practice, someone would use a 350F or more temperature, which would produce some levels of excitation far beyond the base 350F.

In terms of preserving any organic compound's structure, I'd say:

Microwave > Steaming > Convection/Conduction

Picture a 250F degree grill *. That isn't a precise 250F degrees -- it follows a Boltzmann distribution that includes temperatures that are much greater than 250F. Those higher temperatures can drive reactions that wouldn't run at 250F.

Now picture a microwave. That radiation is highly selective to water molecules. And while molecules with similar bond-lengths and resonance properties may be present, the odds are against that happening. So let's say a water molecule is heavily irradiated. It's simply going to boil-off the food being cooked.

* I intentionally chose a very low grill temperature to illustrate my point. In practice, someone would use a 350F or more temperature, which would produce some levels of excitation far beyond the base 350F.

I was hard as fug at Boltzmann distribution

just sayin'

Top Bottom