Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Does anyone work in a cubicle or open setting? (Non-office?)

JKurz1

Banned
I'm thinking of changing careers froma CPA in public to a recruiter, with potential to quadriple my income (Big $$, if you are good)....problem is, long hours and open, cubicle setting. Been accostomed to the quite, office life, where I can eat whenever and whatever all day.

How do you guys get your meals in? Everyone saring at you and shit? What do you make? Plus, going out to eat for lunch 4/5 days may blow. Sad that is what is holding me back, but juggling work and bodybuilding is rough....any help?
 
i couldn't work in a big open cube area.. that would suck
 
I've gone from cube farm to private office back to cube farm. I bring a med size cooler w/ all 6 of my meals & a cooler ice pack, and keep private stash of protein mix, etc in my desk. I'm completely self-sufficient because I'm totally miserable if I miss a meal or whatever. I stopped worrying what people think about me eating at my desk. I haven't actually taken off for lunch in years and I just don't make a big thing about it. If there was a policy of not eating at your desk, that could be a problem. Further, I don't deal face to face w/ customers so I have that freedom as well. I'm pretty autonomous in my work so I can set my own schedule except for meetings and I make sure to shovel down meals if I need to and even show up late if necessary.
 
Placment recruiter.........finding jobs for peeps, candiates for companies


What kind of meals do you usually prep? Thats a pretty big drawback as I eat oats prob. 3x a day at work....no more stinking up the office......
 
I used to work in a cubicle environment then we changed to "quads." The cubes had high sides where the quads had low sides & were open.....

I just heated my food up in the 'wave & ate at my desk even tho the "policy" said we weren't supposed to. Most everyone said what I ate smelled good but they all felt free to comment on what/how often I ate, etc.....GTFAFM!!
 
vansmack2000 said:
start reading Dilbert, its pretty accurate for cubies

When I was a programmer, Dilbert tended to parallel my life. Sometimes it got a little too close to home tho. Since I switched to tech management I have happily been released from that parallel universe. :)
 
I'm back in a quad cube farm. For the most part people don't mind when I bring and heat my own food when its not lunch.

However, someone did send me the "smell free" policy at work a few times when I brought it some garlic chicken breast.

Fucking bitch, I'm still a little pissed at her.

Too bad we don't have a fat policy...or lazy bitching policy...
 
as eat big said, fuck em. that's really the only attitude to have. I went from a desk in the middle of the hallway in the busiest section of the office to a cubicle to being one of 3 people inside what usd to be a CEO's office. I just cook all my food on Sunday (replenish on Wed if need be) and eat at my desk. At first I got a lot of stares and questions and some talking behind my back (my colleague told me that one of the VP's said "KillahBee was eating chicken and yams for breakfast this morning. That's more than a little weird". But they got over it and it had actually become an office joke now. Let em eat their donuts and giggle.
 
office people dont understand about eating.

and thats why they're all fat...who laughs last?
 
also, I have an entire drawer of my desk (intended for files) filled with supps, including flax pills and jugs of protein.
 
UA_Iron said:
office people dont understand about eating.

and thats why they're all fat...who laughs last?

Damn straight!!

Fuck em in their ear :redhot:
 
i work in a small office where there's only 6 of us, but it's completely open. bro, i manage to beat off to midget porn almost every day there (not when the boss is around, though...that would be weird). i also bring my own lunch (chicken and mufuckin rice) 99% of the time. you can do it.
 
I can't stand open air bank desk type environments.

The name of what i do (and what most cubicle type jobs involve) are thinking jobs. Anything that creates an aura of loudness, distractions, food smells and all that jive .. only serves to take your attention away from your job.

The ultimate place of work for me would be in a library setting. I value my quietness like gold. One cannot think with the highest of intelligence...when 12 people are having conservations around you, and 50 fingers are typing.

The most valueble and highly renumerated in any corporate environment -- all get their own offices. That should tell you something right there about the value of open-space offices if the people who call the shots, themselves don't subscribe to it.
 
So what would you suggest as meals? Bars and shake? Or just cold oats..esp. my first few weeks, I dont want to stir up a comotion......cold oats in skim? I think, my 4 cases of bars and RTD shakes from EAS (from the contest, free!) are now gonna get some use.....I just hope they are melted
 
The office that I currently work in underwent some renovations being from closed-private individual cubicles to open-work environment to better achieve efficiency and to reflect the modern corporate outlook. (I found the two to be entirely unachieved)

Anyway, now I can't eat my meals on my workdesk. All eatings has been assigned to the kitchen area. Thank god, my supervisor is tolerant of my frequent eating habits there. So, it's all cool, however my co-workers can literally stare at me because it is that open, not that I mind that.
 
i would love to work in an office...dang atleast i wouldnt be getting sick in the summer time!!!!!!!!
 
JKurz1 said:
so, what do you suggest? Stick with shakes and bars?

I say eat what you want -- except for fish.... Then go by if anyone complains or not.....

Does your company have a written policy on eating at your desk??
 
Top Bottom