Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone know how to make a cheap deadlift jack?

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
Or know where to get one cheap?

Elitefts - $165+$37shipping
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=197

NY Barbell - $119.95
http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/1080.html

I suppose you could make one for cheap (see pic below) if you had a couple thick pieces of 2x2 square tubing... I would make one long piece and one short piece, attach them together (bolts or weld - you would have to use some solid bots and reinforce so they don't punch through) and use it to "pry" up one side at a time.... Put a small dent in the lower one to "cup" the bar... make sure that the hieght of the BOTTOM of the cup is about 1-1.5 inches more than distance the bar is off the ground with 45s on there.... pry up one side at a time (put the pry bar right next to the collar at the end of the bar to lift that side)

I was DL ing last night and it is a bitch without one (I don't have one) usually I jusst get the plate on then lift of the end of the bar and have some kid pusht the plates down... it is a bitch with 500+ lbs...

44962DL_Helper.jpg

get a 2_1/2 lbs plate and lay it onthe ground eitehr in front or behind the weight ont he bar. Roll the weight over and on the 2-1/2 now you can load and unlod weight.

simple and cheap, just sent me $10 per 2-1/2 used each time you raise and lower the weight.

be strong
Lift smart and safe
JIMM

jimm said:
get a 2_1/2 lbs plate and lay it onthe ground eitehr in front or behind the weight ont he bar. Roll the weight over and on the 2-1/2 now you can load and unlod weight.

simple and cheap, just sent me $10 per 2-1/2 used each time you raise and lower the weight.

be strong
Lift smart and safe
JIMM

Uh..I've been doing this for years. The problem is that you can't pull the first plate on this way. During sets the weights always slide out. You can't pull them in all the way with this method.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
Uh..I've been doing this for years. The problem is that you can't pull the first plate on this way. During sets the weights always slide out. You can't pull them in all the way with this method.

Yes, it is a pain in the ass too when you get up to 5-6 plates per side... plus wasting energy monkeying around with it is not a big plus.....once you get that level it is almost just worth it to get a good one.... (I should take my own advice)

There is always one made of steel for sale on ebay - go to strength, and look up under deadlift jack, and you should find it, it goes for around $40 plus shipping.

Hope I helped.

Joester said:
There is always one made of steel for sale on ebay - go to strength, and look up under deadlift jack, and you should find it, it goes for around $40 plus shipping.

Hope I helped.

wow $40, that is a great price, I am headiing over there now!!

Top Bottom