D
dballer
Guest
Woody Guthrie.. you like him?
Madd Hatter said:I was gonna say, the more appropriate question here would probably be "Does anybody even know who he is?"
Anyway, I don't know if Ani Difranco is worth a flying rat's ass (I suspect not), but w/o Woody Guthrie, there would likely be no Bob Dylan. So for that, I say "the guy couldn't have been that bad."
There's a "song" (poem more like it) on The Bootleg Series "Last Thoughts On Woody Guthrie"
That's my contribution to this thread. Oh, and Dylan rocks!
Madd Hatter said:Anyway, I don't know if Ani Difranco is worth a flying rat's ass (I suspect not), but w/o Woody Guthrie, there would likely be no Bob Dylan. So for that, I say "the guy couldn't have been that bad."
hell yea!Madd Hatter said:Oh, and Dylan rocks!
big4life said:For those who are interested in learning more about Guthrie.
http://www.woodyguthrie.org/biography.htm
![]()
musclebrains said:Guthrie was a socialist and the main performer at rallies of the Communist Party of the USA, just in case you didn't know.
His principal heir was Pete Seeger, whom my mama use to take me to hear frequently, and Bob Dylan, of course. Dylan perfomed a lot of Guthrie's songs until he switched from acoustic to electric guitar. Alan Lomax, the great American impressario of folk music, died two or three weeks ago, and was Guthrie's big promoter.
I love the Wilco recordings of the unpublished Guthrie lyrics.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














