Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Does Aleve (naproxim) retard muscle growth?

tommboy said:
Does Aleve (naproxim) inhibit protein synthesis at all like advil or tylenol does?

well, if you think advil inhibits protein synthesis then you should think aleve does also since they are the same class of drugs. Tylenol isn't the same though. Never heard of it inhibiting protein synthesis before.
 
tommboy said:
omg dude how much does it do ? Like if Im on gear will I notice the effects if im takin aleve everyday?


Just take it if necessary and not daily unless you need it.
 
Do what the doctor tells you. It may reduce your gains slightly, but its not going to make your cycle worthless or anything.
 
tommboy said:
doc said to take it every day for a few weeks (2 twice daily)

what did he recommend it for?
 
KD1 said:
Do what the doctor tells you. It may reduce your gains slightly, but its not going to make your cycle worthless or anything.
It is for my shoulder and it is helping a great deal but this REALLY fricken sucks that is hurts protein synthesis why is this!!!!!!!!?????
 
Something to do with inhibiting certain inflamitory messengers that trigger muscle growth.

Listen, Ive been running 400mg Ibuprofin almost every day for a while now. Sometimes 800mg. Ive made great gains in strength and size both on and off cycle. I dont take it immedietly before or right after training.

If I take it in the evening, its 3-4 hours after working out. If I take it in the morning, its 6-8 hours before training. I dont think its affecting me that much, maybe 20% or something like that.

You have to look at the big picture. If your joints/tendons cant heal from your training sessions, you cant work out, so whats going to build more muscle - not working out or taking Ibuprofin and working out?
 
KD1 said:
Something to do with inhibiting certain inflamitory messengers that trigger muscle growth.

Listen, Ive been running 400mg Ibuprofin almost every day for a while now. Sometimes 800mg. Ive made great gains in strength and size both on and off cycle. I dont take it immedietly before or right after training.

If I take it in the evening, its 3-4 hours after working out. If I take it in the morning, its 6-8 hours before training. I dont think its affecting me that much, maybe 20% or something like that.

You have to look at the big picture. If your joints/tendons cant heal from your training sessions, you cant work out, so whats going to build more muscle - not working out or taking Ibuprofin and working out?

I used to think that way...sadly, it's the wrong way of thinking. I have had chronic shoulder, back, and knee pain...and I would load up every day on NSAID's, pain-killers.... then I finally took a step back and thought "This isn't the right way of going about this!" If you have to take any kind of NSAID or pain-killer on a long-term regular basis, then something is wrong and you need to re-evaluate the condition... go see a doctor.... go see 10 doctors.... until you find the right one that gives you satisfactory answers and treatment. Sometimes pain relief is a simple as going through physical therapy or chiropractic care. I'll tell ya, my chiro did more for me to alleviate my pain and teach me how to prevent it than any MD. One final note, long-term use of NSAID's are so great for the liver or the stomach - they're known to cause ulcers.
 
tommboy said:
It is for my shoulder and it is helping a great deal but this REALLY fricken sucks that is hurts protein synthesis why is this!!!!!!!!?????

What exactly is wrong with your shoulder? Tear? Tendonitis? Knots?
 
Man, I have the best doctor in the area looking at my injury. He is the team orthopedic for two NHL teams, and has over a dozen name pro-players in football and baseball he has operated on. Ive gone through physical therapy, 2 months of if following a cast for 4 weeks and a sling for 8 more.

This is his course of action. My injury is getting better, and its a 6+ month recovery time from surgery, and that may not make it any better than it is. Gradually over time Im using less and less meds, and my arm is getting stronger and stronger. Things like this dont heal overnight. If I completly blow it out, he will operate asap, but until then this is the best treatment.
 
KD1 said:
Man, I have the best doctor in the area looking at my injury. He is the team orthopedic for two NHL teams, and has over a dozen name pro-players in football and baseball he has operated on. Ive gone through physical therapy, 2 months of if following a cast for 4 weeks and a sling for 8 more.

This is his course of action. My injury is getting better, and its a 6+ month recovery time from surgery, and that may not make it any better than it is. Gradually over time Im using less and less meds, and my arm is getting stronger and stronger. Things like this dont heal overnight. If I completly blow it out, he will operate asap, but until then this is the best treatment.

Well, all I can say is I hope things turn out for the best for you! ... I'm not trying to sound negative, but just because a doctor is well-known or because he's a "doctor to the stars", doesn't mean that they're always providing the most appropriate care... some of those doctors are sometimes known to just give some meds or injections and then everything is hunky-dory (for a while anyway).... Good luck bro!
 
njmuscleguy said:
Well, all I can say is I hope things turn out for the best for you! ... I'm not trying to sound negative, but just because a doctor is well-known or because he's a "doctor to the stars", doesn't mean that they're always providing the most appropriate care... some of those doctors are sometimes known to just give some meds or injections and then everything is hunky-dory (for a while anyway).... Good luck bro!

Thanks, Im not trying to argue for him but I mean just look at it from my perspective, who should I believe - a doctor with his credentials or some well meaning dude on a messageboard?
 
KD1 said:
Thanks, Im not trying to argue for him but I mean just look at it from my perspective, who should I believe - a doctor with his credentials or some well meaning dude on a messageboard?


I'm not dispensing any medical advice whatsoever, as I'm not a doctor.... all I suggested to him was to re-evaluate his situation.... find out what's causing or caused the pain... and if there are better ways of treating it instead of going on a course of NSAID's or meds for any given amount of time.... I also gave what I know are precautions for long-term use of NSAID's... I'm speaking from personal experience here....I've had years of problems with my c-spine, shoulders and knees... saw a ton of specialists and several MRI's, x-rays, and a bunch of meds later, the simple cure for me was seeing a chiropractor regularly, and doing proper strength-building stretches several times a day (along with icing when necessary).... if your doctor is steering you well, then by all means go with it.... but the doctors I saw (some of them top-notch doctors at the NYU Center for Bone & Joint Diseases - certainly what most would consider having great credentials) didn't do much for me.
 
yes guys this is what my doctor told me to do he said it was probably Tendonitis and then only do it for 4 weeks and then come see him. And Naproxim isnt a NSAID i dont think it is different then advil thats what he said anyways its not a pain reducer just a anti inflammatory
 
tommboy said:
yes guys this is what my doctor told me to do he said it was probably Tendonitis and then only do it for 4 weeks and then come see him. And Naproxim isnt a NSAID i dont think it is different then advil thats what he said anyways its not a pain reducer just a anti inflammatory

Hope it gets better bro - by the way, Naproxen is an NSAID

You should try icing the area for 15 minutes, several times a day... good way to keep inflammation down... also, shoulder pain is often due to the secondary muscles becoming weaker than primary muscles.... so you can do a look-up online for shoulder (strength-building) exercises that will strengthen those smaller, secondary muscles
 
Naproxen blocks the enzyme that makes prostaglandins (cyclooxygenase ), resulting in lower concentrations of prostaglandins. As a consequence, inflammation, pain and fever are reduced. Naproxen was approved by the FDA in December, 1991.
Naproxen may increase the blood levels of lithium (Eskalith). Naproxen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effects of blood pressure medications. This may occur because prostaglandins play a role in the regulation of blood pressure.
When naproxen is used in combination with aminoglycosides (e.g., gentamicin) the blood levels of the aminoglycoside may increase, presumably because the elimination of aminoglycosides from the body is reduced. This may lead to more aminoglycoside-related side effects.

Individuals taking oral blood thinners or anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin) should avoid naproxen because naproxen also thins the blood, and excessive blood thinning may lead to bleeding.(Such as DBol)
No where in the Harvard Journal does it say decreases protein synthesis. You are more likley to find that milk thistle inhibits protein synthesis more than this stuff.....
 
THANKS for the info bro!! thats really good to know, I thought it was just a rumor. But how do you know d-bol thins the blood? And what other steroids do this because uhhh I was on d-bol earlier. What are the effects if I take both of them?






CaddysNJuice said:
Naproxen blocks the enzyme that makes prostaglandins (cyclooxygenase ), resulting in lower concentrations of prostaglandins. As a consequence, inflammation, pain and fever are reduced. Naproxen was approved by the FDA in December, 1991.
Naproxen may increase the blood levels of lithium (Eskalith). Naproxen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effects of blood pressure medications. This may occur because prostaglandins play a role in the regulation of blood pressure.
When naproxen is used in combination with aminoglycosides (e.g., gentamicin) the blood levels of the aminoglycoside may increase, presumably because the elimination of aminoglycosides from the body is reduced. This may lead to more aminoglycoside-related side effects.

Individuals taking oral blood thinners or anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin) should avoid naproxen because naproxen also thins the blood, and excessive blood thinning may lead to bleeding.(Such as DBol)
No where in the Harvard Journal does it say decreases protein synthesis. You are more likley to find that milk thistle inhibits protein synthesis more than this stuff.....
 
njmuscleguy said:
also, shoulder pain is often due to the secondary muscles becoming weaker than primary muscles.... so you can do a look-up online for shoulder (strength-building) exercises that will strengthen those smaller, secondary muscles

Good advice, when I re-habbed my arm they made me do a bunch of weird shoulder exercises. I used to have problems with that shoulder, but after doing all that stuff for a couple months, the shoulder is perfect and Im lifting on it with no problems. Of course this could also be due to just having a couple months off but either way, it worked.
 
hiya. pharmacist.

i dispense nsaids to the elderly, who cannot afford any protein loss (or they start falling down, breaking hips, and dying) and in all the time i was in a very prestigious pharmacy school, taught by academic pharmacists who were nationally and world renowned for their expertise, protein loss was NEVER mentioned as something to think about when dispensing them.

imo their effect on protein is overstated.
 
GoldenDelicious said:
hiya. pharmacist.

i dispense nsaids to the elderly, who cannot afford any protein loss (or they start falling down, breaking hips, and dying) and in all the time i was in a very prestigious pharmacy school, taught by academic pharmacists who were nationally and world renowned for their expertise, protein loss was NEVER mentioned as something to think about when dispensing them.

imo their effect on protein is overstated.


very good to know! curious though as to the longer-term effects of using NSAID's? particularly the liver...the stomach...etc.
 
njmuscleguy said:
very good to know! curious though as to the longer-term effects of using NSAID's? particularly the liver...the stomach...etc.

Try to take the NSAIDs with food if possible. Over longer periods of time they can cause gastric ulcers. As far as the liver goes, they aren't nearly as hard on it as tylenol. So no worries as long as you use it in the recommended doses.
 
Quadsweep said:
I did not know any of these retard lean mass gains...I actually do not see any reason why any of them would....where did this come from?

Quad

here's one ref -

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2682340&postcount=8



I'm trying to figure out if its the COX-2 suppression that has this effect, because I want to use Green Tea extract during my next bulker (to limit fat gain), but it's an anti-inflamatory that inhibits COX-2 :(

anybody know??
 
Last edited:
KD1 said:
Thanks, Im not trying to argue for him but I mean just look at it from my perspective, who should I believe - a doctor with his credentials or some well meaning dude on a messageboard?

I think your chances of getting info from either source will be about the same. Keep in mind msg board members don't have anything to gain by you not recovering. The longer a Dr continues to treat you, the more $$$ he makes-so it's in his best interest to keep you fucked up and popping pills to mask the probs. Nobody goes to school 10 yrs to turn away a patient that doesn't need treatment knowing he'll just get another greedy Dr to get Rx's etc. Drs are not the all knowing gods of health that we expect them to be. They are salesman first, health care advisors 2nd.

If Dr's were so all knowing, I wouldn't have 2-3 Drs that actually ask me(with my 12th grade education) for cycle advice on a regular basis-and pass the 411 on to their clients.

Fuck credentials. Most Drs are crooks. I'd rather have advice from people that have recovered from similar ailments on ther own.
 
Top Bottom