Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you value an animal's life over a human's life?

Ok oackles....since you feel that way I assume you would trade your life for your dog?

We're all animals. What people value is their business as long as they don't kill other people.

EXCLUDING MY FAMILY AND VERY VERY CLOSE FRIENDS, IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN SOMEONE I DIDNT KNOW AND MY SON (DOG) DYING, I WOULD CHOOSE THAT PERSON I DIDNT KNOW TO DIE.

KAYNE

It depends -

1. family members and friends are more important than any animals life

2. serial killers - sorry but I'd much rather see them die than my pet dog

And if my pet dog died, I would be devastated for a long time since I've lived with her for 8 years, but if I hear that some person I've never met was shot somewhere 1000 miles away from where I live, it wouldn't affect me nearly as much.

KAYNE said:
EXCLUDING MY FAMILY AND VERY VERY CLOSE FRIENDS, IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN SOMEONE I DIDNT KNOW AND MY SON (DOG) DYING, I WOULD CHOOSE THAT PERSON I DIDNT KNOW TO DIE.

KAYNE

Hey, what is my ex-wife doing in your avatar?

If i saw a stranger and a pet of mine in the street, both about to get hit by cars... i'd save the pet.

I have killed literally hundreds of animals in my lifetime. I used to run a trap line and i have been hunting since i was 12. I do have to say i respect animals in a lot of ways more than most people though. I am not going to kill anyone, but i surely would not care if certain people die. I feel much worse when i see a dead fox or something on the highway, or a doe and a fawn that got hit by a car. I can honestly say there are people that if i heard die i would smile.

I can't say that. Almost everyone has someone that loves them. I do detest a lot of people's actions and want them to pay the price. I do hate, but I wish that I didn't, it's not a good feeling.

KAYNE said:

A possible issue here is not animal vs. human life, it’s about our pain vs. someone else’s pain. Who wouldn’t prefer someone else deal with pain if we actually had a choice?

Try this scenario:

You take your dog to the veterinarian one day. After a checkup your vet tells you that there is a man in your town who has a rare condition and is desperately in need of a new liver. He tells you that this man cannot have a liver transplant because he is not strong enough to handle the surgery. However, he tells you that some recent advancements in biotechnology allow animal organs and cells to be used successfully in humans for situations just like this. The vet then tells you your dog has an extremely rare blood type (the only one known) and that it matches that of the man whose liver is failing. The vet says that they can isolate a blood-based enzyme from the dog which can reverse the man’s liver failure but that the dog will not survive the harvesting of that enzyme. The vet says that he has to have your permission to even call the medical technologists and tell them there is a match. You know nothing about the man other that what the vet just told you. Do you give your permission?

Top Bottom