Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you ladies consume your eggs raw?

*The_West* said:
the thinking behind it is that by heating your eggs to the stage where they have cooked, the heat will have denatured the protein structure making it less as effective. there is a actually a product that is pure pastuerized egg whites, giving you all the benefits of raw eggs with none of the drawbacks.

thats getting a little sick with it , dont ya think?

i understand the convenience factor for those who dont like to cook eggs

ebonycurves said:
i was definatly not staring at it. had my eyes shut really tight and evan plugged my nose with my free hand..but i kept imaging myself drinking the stuff and i didn't evan come close. :p

Why do you need to do it if you can't stomach it??

thandie said:
Why do you need to do it if you can't stomach it??
Just expirmenting with new things. it wasn't that i needed to do it, but just to see if i COULD do it. well i have my answer now. :mix:

I make a shake and put about 1 1/2cups raw egg white with some pom juice and fat free yogurt (vanilla), you can also add frozen fruit depending on your diet. It is really tasty and it is full of protein. But the down side is the sugar that is in it if you add the frozen fruit, but if you limit it I doing think it would be that bad.

Bunch of pussies in here. I've done it. If I had to do it again I would, but I can afford to buy good protein now. ;)

*The_West* said:
the thinking behind it is that by heating your eggs to the stage where they have cooked, the heat will have denatured the protein structure making it less as effective. there is a actually a product that is pure pastuerized egg whites, giving you all the benefits of raw eggs with none of the drawbacks.

I am pretty positive this is a myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denaturation_(biochemistry)

Yes protein denatures at HIGH heat, but then that means all meat etc is less effective.

Acid also denatures protein, and that egg has to go through your stomach,which has a pH of 1 or 2.

The digestive process is only going to break that protein down to it's smallest possible form (amino acids or primary structure) and egg albumin is a BIG molecule, so unfolding the protein (quaternary structure) is probably a good thing.

Personally, I think that eating should also be a pleasant experience, and it should taste GOOD.

I love hard boiled eggs, you can scramble them quite quicky in the microwave, although I always prefer to cook with gas.

Non-stick frying pan, you don't even need that low-cal spray oil.

tbuzzell said:
No thank you. I can't even suck down an oyster. I'd rather eat my great tasting omlette in the morning.

LOL! Oysters are good!!!

I rather cook them myself. I like eggs and can make them in a variety of ways. With vegetables, smoked salmon, boiled, scrambled, in oatmeal pancakes, with sweet potato muffins, etc..

Top Bottom