Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do u help to the people in the gym ?

newyork24

there is one skinny guy in my gym, he is doing cardio after every workout for 40 min. his is killing himself!
well i really want to tell him that he should stop doing that cause he will never gain anything.

but i really do not know how to tell him, its like stupid to be professor in the gym .

nothing you can do, people hate to be corrected or given unasked-for advice. i see people training poorly at the gym all the time and i just keep quiet and go on with my own routine. if i had a nickel for every woman i saw there who limply curled 5-pound weights (or those 'body bar' things) for 5 minutes or so, shelved them again before even breaking a sweat and just walked off to the cardio machines...

Most people are pretty bad at taking criticism even if it is constructive.

If you decide to help out, just kinda drop hints like, man if I did as much cardio as you I don't think I could pack on any muscle as all. or I use to do alot of cardio but I couldn't pack on any muscle when I did so much. hows it working for you?

either way, he won't stop immediatly, but when he notices that his lifts never seem to go up, it will be in the back of his mind and he may cut down.

We've got a guy like that in our gym. Barely ever lifts but he does 10-15 hours of cardio a week! Everyone teases him about it. but he just doesn't ever stop. Once in while people tell him hes really fucking up his system. This guy drinks a real lot then runs off all the beer calories. If hes hurting like legs cramps or sore knees ect.. his idea of a cure is to run it off. He often jokes about how week he is and its sad because its true, spends so much time in the gym just to stay nuetral with his beer gut.

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with Enock and wynyelle about people not being positive about receiving critique of their workouts or even offers of help...

One thing you could try to do is just be social with this guy and strike up a conversation... further down the track you might give him some subtle pointers as Enock suggested.

hardgainer (don't mind anyone offering their critique or help)

Top Bottom