Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do personal trainers need help teaching clients culinary skills?

TonyUBK

Hello everyone. These questions are for any of the personal trainers on this forum. I have been speaking with a friend who is a personal trainer, and need some confirmation on a few pain points he brought up. Physical health has 2 major components to it: physical fitness and diet. While a personal trainer can work out with their clients in the gym for an hour or more, they may not be able to have a large impact on the diets of their clients. This could be for several reasons, but the one I would like to discuss is lack of culinary knowledge a lot of us have. It is far easier, if you don't know your way around the kitchen, to pick up premade, or convenience foods, than to cook a meal you made. The meal you make will be, for the most part, healthier than the alternative store bought option. With that said, what if there was a service which planned meals, and taught culinary skills, so your clients would have better control when it came to the meals they ate? Would you offer it to your clients? What if there was also affiliate revenue which you could make for referring your clients to this service? Does this sound appealing?

-Tony :Chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the same everywhere, but in Florida you must have a Bachelors Degree and be licensed by the state to give dietary advise. You can work under someone else's license. You can also discuss how you eat, and clients can decide to follow or not.

That said, I think you have a good idea there. A lot of people are just inexperienced and afraid of the kitchen. Mostly it's just timing and knowing how hot and for how long.

Top Bottom