Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dissapointed in myself

muscledog95

Today I went to the gym to lift and decided to mix up the lifts. For long while ive been doing pull ups to failure (palms facing away from me). I way 200lb and im up to 8 reps with 5lb hanging from my waist. Anyways, I got on the chest supported Tbar row. Thinking since my chins are pretty decent(i know not great) that I could do some pretty good rows. WRONG ! I had a 45 and a 25 on it and could barely get 8. Ive never done this lift before but still, I would think the strength ive developed from the chins would of carried over better then that. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

they are a little diferent movement than chins... do u do seated rows or standing rows at all??

any kind of rows would be good, i like mixing it up with seated and T-bars

it's not even necassrily strength, the majority of performance on exercises is your ability to fire the right neurons at the right time.

don't worry about it bro. if it was hard, you know you got a good benefit out of the exercise. that's what matters.

Don't sweat it, Muscledog.

That kind of thing's happened to me many times. A couple of years ago I was doing a very abbreviated routine, one with no direct shoulder or arm work whatsoever. I figured if I could dip and chin a ton each, I wouldn't need militaries, curls, etc.

After a time I decided that was bullshit--I did need to give delts and arms direct attention. So, I started doing BB militaries again. Based on what I was dipping and incline pressing, I figured I could handle 185 for a few strict reps the first time out.

LOL...BZZZT. I struggled with a set at 135! I couldn't have push-pressed 185 for an ugly single. I was stunned.

When I first reintroduced barbell rows, something similar happened...I think my first try, I only used 170 (?).

Every week I did those exercises, though, I was easily adding 5 or 10 lbs. to the bar. I was rowing 275 and doing a little shy of 200 on the military for lots of good reps before I knew it. (*sigh*...if only it was ALWAYS that easy)

You'll experience something similar. Just get used to that movement, and in a month or so you'll be moving serious iron on it.

hahah thanks guys....I'll see how me and the T bar row get along in a month or so, who knows we might be best friends lol

could be your traps, the middle traps have a lot to do with pulling the bar back on tbar. also, try barbell rows.

Well I could do rows over 225lbs with a barbell,

yet the first time I did chest supported rows, it was very heavy with 2 plates!
You can't cheat on this move :)

But I can explode 2 plates no problem now :D

Top Bottom