Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diets to lose weight

patro

My goals: Lose fat first, build muscle later.

My status: 27 years old, 5'11", 180 lbs. Fat belly.

My activities: Run 3 times a week, 10-20 minutes really hard. Lift 3 times a week for 35-50 minutes.

Total # of days in gym: 4 (one day I run only and one day I lift only)

Will a 1/3 x 3 (isocaloric) diet work well for me? If not, what will work best to get a fat bastard like me to lose the fat?

Thanks,

Patro in Singapore

i am doin that 1/3 diet

so basically 4clean meals a day and 1cheat meal like mcdonalds or something as long ast it adds up to the p/c/f/cals of da day

doofy,

don't take this the wrong way bro, but only give advice according to personal experience and something you have studied.

You have yet to start the isocaloric diet, so I would refrain from promoting it.

In my opinion, the Atkins diet is good to look good amounts of fat for people who no longer have the super metabolism that they did when they were younger and perhaps aren't as active overall as they once were.

This diet will get you on the right track and then you can switch to an isocaloric or 40-30-30 plan (both are very similar)..

The key is to eat clean foods, do cardio, and do NOT eat 1 cheat meal a week; in fact, I would try to make a list of clean foods that you can enjoy so you never have to go for the cheat meals.

abrocket okay sorry, Hey foget wha i said its my type of diet yours might be different just wanted to say how my diet gonna be ..........good luck

An answer??

So I still have yet to get an answer, or at least your opinions. Absrocket almost told me it was a good diet to loose weight from, but are there any other comments?

Is my exercise plan ok?

Thanks,

Patro

I would recommend that you starting eating at least 6 times a day spaced out every 2.5-3 hours.The diet you use is up to you,a 40-30-30 is very easy to follow and a good starting point.I think the most important point is to eat 500calories less than what you expend in a day(no matter what the diet-within reason).As for cardio i would try to do 1 hour 5 days per week before your first meal.Keep the weight training and cardio separate.As for the weights training 3 times is good but i would recommend 4 times a week doing each bodypart 1 day per week.
Mon-shoulders,triceps
Tues-back,traps
Thurs-legs
Frid-chest,biceps

Just my thoughts.

Like i said, the 40-30-30 is a great diet that you can easily follow for the rest of your life. Also, I would see if you can handle a 4-6 week Atkins diet. It's not a long term thing, but it'll get some fat off in a hurry, particularly iwth moderate weights and cardio

patro said:
My goals: Lose fat first, build muscle later.

My status: 27 years old, 5'11", 180 lbs. Fat belly.

My activities: Run 3 times a week, 10-20 minutes really hard. Lift 3 times a week for 35-50 minutes.

Total # of days in gym: 4 (one day I run only and one day I lift only)

Will a 1/3 x 3 (isocaloric) diet work well for me? If not, what will work best to get a fat bastard like me to lose the fat?

Thanks,

Patro in Singapore

HAHAHAHA , this post killed me..."what will work best...[for] a fat bastard like me to lose fat?" ....oh man this killed me. LOL :D

Now, to be serious...I think 40/30/30 (iso, protein/carbs/fat) is a very good idea to start your dieting regime.
Follow the simple guidelines:
weight x12=daily calories
40% daily calories from protein
protein 4cal/g
30% daily cal. from carbs
carbs 4cal/g
30% daily cal. from fat
fat 9cal/g

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom