Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Revelation

SmellHole

So I took the time to figure out the nutritional content of what I've been eating and I was shocked to learn I was eating only about 1300 calories a day. No wonder I felt like crap and hungry all the time. I'm now fixing my diet so I eat about 2250 calories a day with a mixup of something like this:

225g protien
63g fat
200 carbs

Seems like a ton of food and I'm having trouble fitting it all in, but I will figure this out and start eating enough.

As an FYI for those who care: I'm 42, 5'9", 210 lbs, 42.75" waist. I'm trying to lose 30 lbs over 6 months or less and get my waist down to 32". I walk and hike occasionally, but the bulk of my physical activity is intense lifting 3 days a week and HIT cardio 2 to 3 times per week. I'm also taking the Test Stack Rx.

What do you guys think?

Personally I think that is too many calories. Your maintenance will be around 2400-2600. I would shoot for 500-1000 calorie deficit per day in order to lose 1-2 lbs per week.

I am a bit older than you but weight about the same but am a bit taller and I shoot for 2000 per day, plus 30 min of daily cardio. Week after week the results are noticeable.

Your macro ratio looks pretty good though.

Ok, let me try this again.

I'll try to get my macro ratio like so:

Protein 45%
Fat 15%
Carbs 40%

I'll aim for 1800 calories per day.

The problem I'm having is too many carbs and not enough fat. Protein I can deal with just by eating a ton of it (for me), but to keep carbs at 40% I'm finding I really have to restrict them. A bunch. I'm not reaching my fat goals either. I need to eat more fat. I'm only at like 10%. Should I just have a salad with olive oil based salad dressing? I think I'll give that a go.

I agree about having enough calories. Since using creative monohydrate my ability to contract each rep fully is enhanced. However my legs are pretty much always sore. I have found when I et more there is less muscle aches. And high oxalate foods like quinoa not only r not filling my muscles and tendons hurt bad after eating those food. It definitely is work eating enough food. I half ass the eating cause the way I look at it the real priority is making each rep on all exercises intense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

I never add fat to my diet. I always get enough from the (small) amount of meat that I eat, and in my whole grains. My approach when trying to shed fat is strictly controlling carbs and filling any deficit with protein. I never ever add fat. I am carb sensitive though and find my progress slows if I take in too many carbs, even if my total calorie consumption is on point.

Really, it isn't that hard. Figure out your BMR and add any cardio that you may do. Subtract 500-1000 calories depending on how fast you want to lose the weight and your motivation level and try it for a couple weeks. If you are not losing weight at the rate you figured, you have over estimated your BMR and/or cardio calories. Adjust as necessary. Plan a re feed every 2 weeks when you are above 15%BF, every week between 10-15%BF, and up to a couple of times a week below 10%BF.

These are just guidelines but its truly a numbers game and once you get a handle on it its actually really easy. The hard part is the motivation to do it.

I would highly consider the fact that your thyroid is not functioning optimally. By the time people get near middle aged they have been running low on iodine and selenium for so long the thyroid is struggling. Just a couple tenths of a point in natural T3 levels can make a huge difference in metabolism.

I would highly consider the fact that your thyroid is not functioning optimally. By the time people get near middle aged they have been running low on iodine and selenium for so long the thyroid is struggling. Just a couple tenths of a point in natural T3 levels can make a huge difference in metabolism.

This is good info and helpful. For anyone reading it, before you go out and buy a ton of selenium, keep in mind the idea of balance. You take too much of one nutrient and may disrupt others. For example excessive zinc intake can cause nausea, lowered copper and altered magnesium amounts. 100 mg/day zinc is all it takes for this to happen. If I remember correctly selenium is in mcg doses. So if the thyroid is possibly a problem, get bloodwork done by a doctor and a thorough assessment of what is low if anything, and treatment plan.

Top Bottom