Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet advice 11 weeks to go show time

kiwibrian

what do you think, heres my stats
37 years
6 ft 3
1o4 kg
10 % bf
just starting cycle tomorrow
cals = 2700 - 3500 depending on work load per day ( squats )
carbs = approx - 200
fat = 80- 110
protein =360 450

11 weeks to show time is there anything i could change your thoughts please.........

regards brian

You said just starting cycle-cutting cycle or AS and cutting cycle, this will change things considerably. If its an AS cycle then the protein may just be a little high-in my opinion. If you are just cutting then I think your protein is way too high and complex carbs too low. I diet natural to contest bodyfat levels on only 200 grams of protein per day and my contest weight is 180 without losing any musclemass. Another thing your doing well is if your measurement of 10% bodyfat is correct then your right on schedule for the show. None of this "I gotta lose thirty pounds in 6 weeks bullshit". This means you only have to lose 1 1/2 pounds of fat per week which should put you at 4% in 9 weeks, which will still leave you two weeks to adjust. 104 kg. x 2.2=229 pounds. 2.3 pounds=1% bodyfat. 6x2.3=14 pounds to lose. All this math is just numbers though. The mirror is most important in assesing progress. How did you measure your bodyfat? Skinfold calipers can be =/- 6%! Do you have any pictures? Whats your waist measurement? Do you know how many calories per day maintains your bodyweight so you have a starting point for your diet? Also very smart knowing that you need different calories depending on the training you do each day-very few people know that detail. What supplements are you taking? Whats your training program? Is this your first show? What contest are you doing, and what federation is it in? Sorry so many questions, but there is so much to getting contest ready. Either way lots of luck-getting ready for a show is one of the toughest and most exciting things you can do!

Ck out my post

FAT LOSS MADE SIMPLE

basically what i do before show time

currently i'm at 5.5% a 5'9 215 lbs 4 weeks out from NPC junior nationals

any questions just feel free to ask or pm me

Anatomy wiz- I am curious as to why you think protein should be lower in any case? Whether hes on AAS or not. If on AAS, then protein synthesis and absorption is much higher and he could actually maybe add some muscle while dieting down and if clean, then he would need the extra protein to offset catabolism from reducing his carb intake when cutting.

ive just started my cycle 2 days ago , untill then ive been clean for 10 weeks i like to eat a very high protein diet ( eg , i.5 per lb ) and lower carbs strenght and energy is very good on 200 carbs a day .. i will increase my carbs to 500 per day protein 300 fat 56 and cals 3300 for 3 days to see how i look these figures are (approx ) as to training load and how i feel day to day ..

your thoughts please

Creatureofnight-I figure if he is not taking any AS, then 360-450 grams of protein per day is way overkill. At that point its just costing him an arm and a leg, and not really providing any benefits over 200-250 a day. Heck, 360-450 is higher then a lot of guys eat even when on a major bulking up cycle of AS.

Im not saying your wrong, but i really dont know where you got your recomendations on anything over 250 grams of protein aday being a waste.

This figure will change considerably from individual to individual. 250 grams might be a waste for a sedatary 110lb. housewife, but what about Ronnie Coleman. You cant just lump everyone into one category and say after a certain amount, its a waste.

Personally, if he was on gear id reccomend he be taking in more protein for reasons staed above. Basically, when dieting down your protein intake is going to be determined by how many carbs or fats you have in your diet. If carbs are low, then fat and pro is high. If your fats are low-moderate then pro and carbs is what your shooting for.

This is why it will vary from individial to individual.

Top Bottom