Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Developing Inner Chest

Higher reps! Your inner chest is "slower" twitch than your outer chest. The chest is mainly fast twitch, but the inner chest is a bit less so. Higher reps will help slow twitch muscle to grow. Not too high, as the inner chest is not as slow twitch as, say, calves.

Also, preacher curls emphasize the lower biceps (because of the angle), which are faster twitch than the upper biceps. Perhaps doing some of the chest exercises mentioned above could emphasize the inner chest just like preacher curls emphasize the lower biceps.

Also, I'm not saying to change your entire chest routine by making it higher reps. Perhaps just add some sets or something... give and take.

Last edited:
FISHTALES said:
----------- think about that line as one of your chest muscles, its like your saying you want to work out the right hand side of that line, when you train that muscle you train the whole line or nothing, you cant train part of it.
Exactly. You work the whole muscle or none of it.

Your muscle only knows how to contract. It doesn't know if you're using cables, dumbbells, barbells, or doing pushups. It just knows it's time to contract.

You can only work the whole muscle, not specific parts.

You can only change the size of your muscle, not the shape.

Read it, understand it, train by it.

i had the same thing an i say add in a few sets of lying cable flyes, do them real slow ands cross your arms like you would crossovers and squeeze.

dave

I’m uneducated to the issue, but I’d have to agree with genetics. I too have a hard time getting it to come together in the center of my chest. I’ve found that I tend to tear the hell out of it when I’m going a little closer on my grip or I concentrating on a complete contraction. The larger my chest becomes the more that line starts to close.
In argument to not being able to work portions of the muscle, why do some individuals perform partial repetitions? By focusing on the concentric or eccentric phase of the contraction (or portions of, i.e. low end of a preacher curl) you can make considerable changes in strength and size.
More to the point, I would focus on ensuring that the pec is being stressed PASSED the centerline of your body. With the exception of one movement the pec does not get contracted completely. The Cable Crossover will allow your pec to remain under tension while you get those last few inches of contraction. I like to do single arm “crossovers”, insuring that I go from complete extension (good stretch) to complete contraction. My arm will go past that 90-degree angle formed by my chest and arm. Oh, and squeezing the shit out off it.
Don’t expect to see a whole lot of change unless you have the size to accompany it. Being relatively lean will play an aesthetic roll too (think of Bruce Lee’s chest). Bottom line IMHO I think genetics will win on this one. I’ve always hated that as an answer. Sorry so lengthy.

I agree with Fishtales & genarr3, It will come with time, if your pecs aren't thick & full you will not get the result that you are looking for no matter how many fancy fine tuning exercises you do. Stick to the basics, gain the size & the line will come. You can work on peaks & shapeing after you've got a good base.

therookie said:
do lots of flies, inclie and flat, lots of cables, SQUEEEEEEEEEZ that fuckin chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that will help.:)

Flies, squeeze, exactly.

is it an actual indent in the chest?
if you do its called pectus and can only be fixed by surgery (i think)

i neer had haveth eline betwen my chest, after i had dieted for awhile and lowered my bf% ican actually see it, therefore, some maynever see it unless body% is low enough, same goes for abs.
hope this helps

Top Bottom