Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

desk job

lyndzyaRunner

For the past week i've been trying to figure out how many calories I should consume, so I thought I would ask you guys for help! I just started a desk job so i wanted to rework my cals so i'm not gaining weight.. i would still like to lose some bf. I weight 136, i'm at the gym 6 days a week, i've been doing HIIT for about 5 days and lifting about 3 days a week. From a few calculations my BMR is about 1632, if I substract 500 from that, that leaves me with less than 1200cals a day, which I heard you should not go below, i've been at around 1400/day. Any advice would be great

i'm pretty sure thats just a basic BMR, no exercise included, i wasn't sure how to add that in, but that would put me around 1400cals/day which seems a lot more realistic

I usually diet on ~1850kcals, I lift 4-5 times a week and cycle 8 miles a day to work and back (i don't drive so this is usual year round cardio for me!), which totals around 35mins cardio.I find no need to dip under this level until I get under 130lbs.

I am at 150lb and losing well on 1850kcals.

Thanks for the help.. I was afraid of dipping too low, and then afraid of going too high.. i was wondering what everyone in the office would think if i brought in a treadmill to my cubicle! hahaha i'm sure that would go over well..
I'm assuming you have a desk job too?

lyndzyaRunner said:
I weight 136, i'm at the gym 6 days a week, i've been doing HIIT for about 5 days and lifting about 3 days a week

HIIT 5 days a week? You shouldn't do HIIT 2 days in a row. The stress from HIIT is similar to weight training, so you should give a days break inbetween HIIT workouts. HIIT should be done no more than 3 days a week.

I would start at about 1500 calories, CLEAN calories, and go from there.

That's sort of what I do. HIIT on Monday. Mod cardio on Tue. Rest on Wed. HIIT on Thur. Mod cardio on Fri. Rest on the weekend.

FitFossil said:
That's sort of what I do. HIIT on Monday. Mod cardio on Tue. Rest on Wed. HIIT on Thur. Mod cardio on Fri. Rest on the weekend.

WHen I do HIIT, this is kinda what I do - except I do mod cardio either Weds or Sat also.

thats what i was doing before, then I read somewhere (can't remember where) that some people were doing HIIT 5x a week and this helped cut some. I started to do that while i was in aruba b/c i wanted to try and make up for SOME of the alcohol at least!
So i'm doing about 1430/cals.. low carb, high protein
lifting 3x a week, cardio 6x, with HIIT everyother day...hopefully this will help me lose while sitting on my ass all day!?

Top Bottom