Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deca

graffixx

Taking Necon 1/35-28 for oral birth control ( norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol )also have Ehlers Danlos i would like to take deca 50mg a week for strength, cut, and to help my joints. Suggestions please:eyes:

elhers danlos

I guess i should have stated that ehlers danlos is a connective tissue disorder where the ligaments in your joints are slowly detererating!

thanks warlobo that is the problem there are only a few doctors that say they are familiar and only a few of them really are so we are seeking info from other places as you can see this post has been up for ever and got no real answers thanks

grafixx -

I can tell you, 50mgs of Deca is going to be too much if you do it weekly for joint pain. Yeah it'll help you put some real size on but thats a regular dose that a female would take anyway to gain mass, not just for joint pain. If you're joints are hurting you that much you could go 25-50mgs of Deca every 3 weeks..... That is the suggested dosing for joints anyways. Being a female you really wouldnt be able to stay on 50mgs (in my opinion) for a long period of time bc they'll you'll just start getting all the sides from the deca.

Its great for my joints and I rely on it big time.

AJ.

I am struggling to understand what the question is. Are you asking whether its OK to take Deca? Though strengthening your muscles is a good idea to heap support the joints, I would have thought weight training was contraindicated unless you are extremely careful with your form and never lock out the joints (mind you that is good advice for all bodybuilders!). Certainly I don't see how the deca could hurt you, except for the ever present risk of masculinization. Have you weight trained before??

Now granted, I am a housewife, but I am also considered a doctor because I have a 3 year old son ;) So please, do not take anything I say as stone, more like jello, or sponge cake. Okay, I did find where

• Endocrine state: the person may produce unusual hormone levels (lower-than-normal anabolic steroids or heightened relaxin secretion).
http://www.amtamassage.org/journal/olcott2.html

with your disorder. So you might even be able to speak with your doctor and inform him of this and get some tests run and if you are low, have him boost it right up.

also, regarding Growth Hormone:

"Growth hormone can be a possible treatment option for patients with osteoporosis," Dr. Gillberg told Doctor’s Guide.
http://news.newmalaysia.com/news/ex...bx%3a%2f%2feee.xatozwcx.kwu%2flo%2f6nn597.pbu

That study was for men, and was for Bone, not ligament, but It might be something for you to look into. Just a couple of thoughts :)

Last edited:
GRAFIXX, Deca should not negatively affect Ehlers-Danlos problems. Androgens have been shown to improve proteoglycan synthesis and reduce their degradation.

Are you taking vitamin C for your condition? There is evidence that some forms of this condition are responsive to high dose vitamin C (4+ grams/day). Also, have you ever considered things like glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM products? They may assist in production of proteoglycans and/or their degradation.

Top Bottom