Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

death penalty delays, wtf?

cranny

New member
Don't know about you, but I'm getting so tired of these absurd last-minute stays of execution that come from our federal courts. The latest is a delay granted by the Supremes for poor, poor, pitiful Arthur Rutherford in Florida. Arthur is afraid that his lethal injection might hurt. That's right ... it might be painful. He thinks that the infliction of pain is unconstitutional. He stabbed an elderly woman, then drowned her in her bathtub. I guess that didn't hurt at all .. and now this SOB doesn't want to be put to death because he feels it might be painful.

I'm not adamant about the death penalty. For some it is just too easy to go to sleep and have it done with. If we could lock these animals up for the rest of their lives, fine. Basic health care. No television. No radio. No reading materials. For that matter, no visitors. The murder victim can't receive visitors, so why should the murderer? One murderer to a cell. That's where you live. Food slides in under the door ... pizzas. You get an hour a day alone in a concrete courtyard for exercise. The only person you see outside of your prison guard and a doctor would be your attorney. If we could get that set up I'd go for it.

If we are going to keep the death penalty, let's get serious about it. Congress should set up a special federal appeals court that does nothing but hear death penalty cases. This would the the only federal appeals court that can consider death penalty cases. The trial court would deliver a complete transcript to the death penalty appeals court within 30 days. The defense counsel would submit his appeal brief at the same time. The court would then have 30 days to reach a decision. If the death penalty is upheld the murderer gets executed the very next day. One more thing. He dies the same way his victim died. In the case of Arthur Rutherford, he would first be stabbed, then drowned.

Pay-per-view could cover the costs.
 
Your system is weird. People waiting 20 years for their execution. I believe the most someone would wait in Canada (back when we had it) was like 2 years, that's including appeals and once you had done an appeal to the Supreme Court, they wouldnt hear another one from you again.
 
Pay-per-view could cover the costs.

LOL, I like it. Could help with some of the prison costs around the country.

I think we should go back like they did in Utah. You choose how to die, Hang by the Neck, Firing Squad or old Sparky. I think hanging is the best 'cause for that split second, he knows it is over. Old Sparky I hear can be really brutal, but hey, they are being put to death for a freakin reason.

Oh poor Mr. what's his name. He might suffer while being put to death, just like the N number of victims, some children, some elderly. It should hurt, and hurt for a long time.
 
I thought they just had one that they DNA showed that he was innocent....but not positive....I thought it cam eout last month,......the dna results
 
Gymgurl said:
I thought they just had one that they DNA showed that he was innocent....but not positive....I thought it cam eout last month,......the dna results

I know which one you're talking about and he was found guilty. It pissed off many antis since they had all their hopes in this guy's case.
 
Top Bottom