Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts...

Bobba

Hi guys!

I've been reading a lot on this forum lately and think it looks quit promising so far...

Anyway I've recently thrown my lifting straps away and started doing the deadlifts like a real man :D . However I find it a bit uncomfortable yet, and can't lift quite as much as I used to, and it doesn't feel like I'm really taking my back and legs to failiure before my grip starts to loosen.

Do you think I should do a set or two with the straps on in the end for awhile, or should I just lift without them and have patience until I get used to the "hard way"??

I wouldn't use the straps. Try doing something for your back after your sets since you cant get your back to failure.

I am in fact already using both that kind of grip, and chalk. The reason for not throwing the straps away a long time ago is that my previous gym didn't allow chalk.

I guess the over/under grip feels kind of uncomfortable because I never used it when I lifted with straps.

However I will take your advice of leaving the straps and then do some heavy T-bar/Barbell rows afterwards.

it sounds like you would also need something for you grip. the rows will help with that also, but try to throw something else in there.

Just my opinion but why waste time on grip work? If your back and hips can handle the weight I'm sure you could hold on to anything for a single and thats what counts.

You might be right about that zombie. I used to do 4-6reps on the deadlifts with the straps, but know I think I might reduce that number to 2-3. I don't feel like doing singles quite yet since I am not competing or anything. (not at this point anyway).

No chalk? No Problem. Use Tums antacids, rub it on the bar , they work great and No one will notice you, no mess, plus they come in cool colors ,
CaCO3

I'd have to recommend deadlift holds to you for that problem
I also used to do hercules holds as well, they are both amazing for building up grip strength, and you can build it up quite fast.
Dunno about chalk, never needed it.

Throw those damn straps away. The dl is the only powerlift left that is just pure, raw strength. I fyou are having grip problems, then you need to work with just the bar -- AND LOAD IT UP HEAVY!!

Top Bottom