Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts anyone?

LCBUTLER said:
I think I am the only person in my gym who does deadlifts...is everyone scared of them or something?

Anyway I love them, I feel they have helped my back development more than anything else. Does anyone share these feelings??
love deadlifts. never do a back workout with out them

My workout partner and I are the only one's at my gym who do them. I LOVE deads, and its funny how many guys stare at you in awe when they see you do them. Its all about form. Think about the motion, not the weight.

In answer to spiderbaby's request for tricks to increase deadlift strength. You definitely want to do deadlifts as heavy as you can unassisted but at the same time there comes a point where you are limited in the amount of weight you can deadlift by your grip strength. At this point the implementation of some lifting straps will allow you to further pummel your back with an even heavier weight. Don't use them when you don't need to though . Maybe you already use them, I don't know. Just trying to help....Oh and a big dose of test suspension would help too.

Love Deads and Cleans - if I see someone doing DL's (you see cleans once a year) they are ussually bouncing the bar at the bottom and their technique sucks.

Try increasing the weight progressively 10lbs. each week over a period of 6-8 weeks. This generally makes you lift go up. You could also figure out whether you have problems w/ the top or bottom portion and do partials and static holds in the rack for the problem range of motion.

Top Bottom