Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlifting: leg or back, whose the target?

zipzopzippity

Browsing the threads here, seen 50/50 on this.

Some peeps say deadlifts are primarily a leg work out, others say deads are a back workout.

For me, although deads hit my glutes pretty hard, I know my back is being taxed the most.
I guess it reallt depends on your form, specifically if your picking up off the floor or off a rack bar a couple feet from the floor.

I deadlift on leg days. I find it works both.

SLDL; legs

Romanian; back

~EZ

Works both. Its more leg dominant with quads,glutes,and hams as the prime movers. Back and traps are worked secondary.

From My Droid MoFo!

Depending on split I do a primary leg day with Squats and goodmorning as primary exercise with other accessories focusing mainly on quads.

Then I do a leg and back day where I do deadlifts and stiffleg as main exercise then ill do rackpulls, leg curls, pullups, rows, etc focusing on the glutes, hams, and back.

From My Droid MoFo!

i always include my lower back with legs, dont see why not to. as for upper back, lats, etc. i feel deadlifts are definitly hitting those areas but no where near a whole back workout. so i make sure i have at least one rest day in between back and deadlifts, i would never do them one after the other.

deadlifts are a leg day for me for sure, but sometimes ill do them as a back day and finish off with my usual back workout if get stuck with an accidental day off on squat day.

1. Posterior Chain
2. Grip
3. Quadriceps

I generally train it on back day, because doing a full leg routine complete with squats after deadlifting would be beating a dead horse...

I have a full day dedicated to deads. 6-10 sets along with some trap and forearm work. But i def consider them glute/hamstring.

Top Bottom