Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift rep question-

MsBeverlyHills

right now this is my deadlift routine-

135 x12
155 x10
175x8
195x6
205x5

should i cut back on reps? Ive been ok with my gains so far, but i think it could be alot more if i changed this routine. any suggestions?

why are you using deads? Overall mass acquisition, hamstring development, or lower back development? If #1, then try working up to 4 sets of 6 at 205lbs with 1 1/2 min rest intervals. If #2 hamstring development, try working from pins below your knee at 175lbs 4 sets of 10 with 45 sec rest intervals with a straighter back. If low back development #3, I would probably ditch them in favor of high rep arched good mornings. These are all different ideas that fit in with how I think you approach things based on your posts.

Of course, you could investigate periodization, loading and frequency and change your whole training approach for a breath of fresh air. That would tie into setting other loading goals for your deads, as madcow alluded to. Then warm-ups are simply whatever is necessary to get you ready for the required load that day.

Good luck.

Top Bottom