Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Rep Form

BlondBomber

Hello, to all. I am new to this forum, but not to powerlifting.
Anyways, my question is that, what is the correct way to pause between reps when deadlifting? I first pondered this question when I saw Ronnie Coleman's video where he "deadlifts" 800 lbs. for two reps. In my opinion, using straps and bouncing the weight after the first rep is not true deadlifting. Whenever I deadlift, I pull one rep, let it down until it is motionless, then pull another, and so on.
So, what are your guys opinions. When a lifter, no matter whether they are a bodybuilder, o-lifter or powerlifter, tells you they can deadlift whatever to you, what are your expectations? :chomp:

BlondBomber said:
Hello, to all. I am new to this forum, but not to powerlifting.
Anyways, my question is that, what is the correct way to pause between reps when deadlifting? I first pondered this question when I saw Ronnie Coleman's video where he "deadlifts" 800 lbs. for two reps. In my opinion, using straps and bouncing the weight after the first rep is not true deadlifting. Whenever I deadlift, I pull one rep, let it down until it is motionless, then pull another, and so on.
So, what are your guys opinions. When a lifter, no matter whether they are a bodybuilder, o-lifter or powerlifter, tells you they can deadlift whatever to you, what are your expectations? :chomp:

Since ron coleman isn't a powerlifter, he doesn't have to follow the rules of powerlifting when training. If you're going to compete in powerlifting, train the way you will compete, which is no straps. I either set the wait down, wait for it to stop moving, reset my hands and pull again, or i'll just lightly touch the ground with it and pull it back up.

good post above... if I pull reps, I do them as a series of singles.... Pull, put down... Pull, Put down... 3-5 seconds of rest in between isn't going to make much difference....

Becoming said:
good post above... if I pull reps, I do them as a series of singles.... Pull, put down... Pull, Put down... 3-5 seconds of rest in between isn't going to make much difference....

thanks (yes, i did see i spelled weight wrong, which is pretty damn stupid of me) and your post is good as well- thats usually how i do it as the weight gets heavier for me.. as a series of singles.

Top Bottom