Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting down help

Pukanui

Hey guys. I have been lifting for about a year daily high weight for about a year. I have gotten pretty strong and don't look as soft anymore, but I think there is better ways to obtain lean muscle quicker or jut better eliminate body fat. I am 5'7 and 132lbs and 18. I wouldn't call myself fat but I am trying to become smaller or at least get ride of my extra fat (especially in my legs and mainly my butt). I am currently taking gnc multivitamin pack every morning along with shift, oxy elite pro, fiber, and Cla. (I am considering get hcg shots soon but haven't read enough about them). And I work out for anywhere between 1-3 hrs a day with my boyfriend who body builds. He has tried to help me, and in lifting i see a lot of results but I don't feel like his high protein diets work well with me, since I'm not really cutting weight or fat.
I am really looking for any advice anyone has on cutting fat or building lean muscle instead of bulk muscle. Any help would be great. I am also very new to this site so if I am leaving out any important information let me know and I will tell you whatever it is. I am just tired of working hard for what I see as little results, and feeling like there is a better solution. Thanks

What are you eating? Do you know how many calories your consuming, and the breakdown of protein, carbs & fats?
Working out at 1-3 hours a day is a lot.. you need to eat a lot otherwise you're body goes into starvation mode and holds fat.
Can you post your diet?

Well I didn't start concentrating on what I've been eating till about 4 months ago. I usually have two eggs and a banana for breakfast. Than I have a snack of an apple and usually a special k bar or a protein bar about three hours after. I also drink a protein shake while at school(hyrowhey)I usually than Go to the gym and sometimes have a protein shake afterwards. I than have brown rice and chicken or steak after. And once a week follow that with a bowl of chex.

I've just entered in what you've said into Fitday and the breakdown is:

Cals 1557 Fat 37.2 Carbs 170.5 Protein 132.5

It's not going to be accurate because I have guessed portion sizes... but it will give you a rough idea... this is with no chex and a cup of rice and a medium chicken breast and 2 x standard protein shakes, 2 eggs and a protein bar.

The website is fitday.com and it's free but if you have an iphone checkout what DMK is using because it looks great!

According to your figures your BMR is 1462 and if your working out between 1-3 hours 5 days means you should be eating to maintain at BMR x 1.725 = 2523..

By doing a guesstimate you are not eating enough.. and that why you are not seeing results..

There are some great resources here, read this http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...e-fitness-womens-forum-start-here-678961.html

Last edited:
Well I didn't start concentrating on what I've been eating till about 4 months ago. I usually have two eggs and a banana for breakfast. Than I have a snack of an apple and usually a special k bar or a protein bar about three hours after. I also drink a protein shake while at school(hyrowhey)I usually than Go to the gym and sometimes have a protein shake afterwards. I than have brown rice and chicken or steak after. And once a week follow that with a bowl of chex.

Protein bars are candy bars. Don't use them unless the only other choice is an actual candy bar.
Hydro Whey is awesome. It is best used PWO as it processes the fastest.
You may be too low on your fat intake. We would have to see exactly what you eat for a few days. The answer will be in that.
When women don't take in enough fat their bodies produce more estrogen. That means your body will do everything it can to hold onto fat on the thighs, butt, and lower abs.
Post up everything you eat for a few days. What, how much and when. Do the same with fluid intake. Everyone will be able to tweak your meal plan to get you the results you want!
Best of luck.

Good advice Slat, the girls (and guys) here are great, and they have a huge knowledge base.. you'll do yourself a favour by listening to them!!

Thanks slat I will post what I have eaten after I have a few days. And I will try to up my protein my daily intake of food. And to answer your earlier question Rachel I have a tendency to gain muscle with extra fat instead of burning my fat and getting a nicely toned muscle. And I do agree that maybe it is what I am eating that's making my body produce estrogen and therefore I am keeping the fat. Once I post my diet for the next few days than I will know more about what it is that I need to do.

I think you will be excited with the results from posting your meal plan. The ladies on here can help you from making little mistakes that they have made. That means saving you time and money. It also means quicker results!

I know it's boring but try swapping protein bars with a stick of celery ,
Also try using calorie counter or fit day to keep track of consumed foods it breaks down the macos too so you know exactly what to consume and what not too after a couple days of using it. It's available as an app for smart phones for free and also on pc you can start an account for free.

Good luck.

Donna ;)

Top Bottom