Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique workout please- moderate or hard

bonedaddy01

I am 20 years old, 5'11, 215 pounds. My LBM is about 185, my BF is about 13%.

My BMR is 2100 calories, what i am unsure of is my TDE.

I would like someones opinion on my overall calorie and workout intake. I am consuming about 2300-2400 calories a day in order to create a decent defecit. Do you think my workout is considered moderate or hard so i know if i need to increase my calories a little?

Workout looks like this :
Monday- Cardio 30 minutes - Chest/bi's
Tuesday- Cardio 30 minutes- Back/Tri's/Legs
Wedsnday- Cardio 1 hour

Thursday- Chest/Bi's/Forearms/Shoulders
Friday- Back/Tri's/Legs
Saturday- 1 hour cardio
Sunday- off

Heart rate stays between 170-180 on the treadmill. I max incline and stay between 3.2.3-8 speed. I sweat so much i literally have to change after cardio just to use the workout equipment.

I lift until failure at the end of all my sets and make sure that im maxed out at the end of the workout. I do about 5 sets, 10-15 reps each workout ( incline,decline,cable, iso, etc).

Would this be considered moderate or hard? Is 2300 calories a day at a 40p/40c/20f ratio efficient enough for me to cut on? Should i raise the calories to 2500-2800 a day? I realize most people cut at 500 calories, but i want to stay motivated by losing as much as possible each week.

Other than my workouts, i am sedentary for most of the day.

Any constructive criticism appreciated.

Last edited:
I would lift heavier I.e. 5-8 rep range and possibly reduce carbs

And no starchy carbs afternoon onwards..

csb- i do cardio every morning except sunday. I typically do 30-to an hour, sometimes i go in the morning and at night if im feeling it. Should i be going twice a day every day or shoot for an hour minimum?

The carbs i eat come from defatted soy flour, pretty much all protein and fiber, about 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal a day, beans, and small amount of carbs from cottage cheese and my post workout shake ( approx 210 carbs total, 60 of which is fiber ). Everything else is lean protein. I honestly think my diet is in really good shape right now. My concern is that im either not eating enough for my workout load or im eating too much.

Thats why i was hoping someone could give me an idea if im considered "moderate" or "hard" according to the BMR calculator.

Right now im consuming 2300-2400 calories a day, maintenance is 3000 calories if my workout is considered moderate. Its 3600 if its considered hard. Im just worried about things slowing down because im eating too much or too little is all.

Thanks again for the help guys.

csb- i do cardio every morning except sunday. I typically do 30-to an hour, sometimes i go in the morning and at night if im feeling it. Should i be going twice a day every day or shoot for an hour minimum?

The carbs i eat come from defatted soy flour, pretty much all protein and fiber, about 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal a day, beans, and small amount of carbs from cottage cheese and my post workout shake ( approx 210 carbs total, 60 of which is fiber ). Everything else is lean protein. I honestly think my diet is in really good shape right now. My concern is that im either not eating enough for my workout load or im eating too much.

Thats why i was hoping someone could give me an idea if im considered "moderate" or "hard" according to the BMR calculator.

Right now im consuming 2300-2400 calories a day, maintenance is 3000 calories if my workout is considered moderate. Its 3600 if its considered hard. Im just worried about things slowing down because im eating too much or too little is all.

Your diet is fine.. Just start lifting heavy!!! It works..

IMO bro 45-60 min of cardio on days you dont weight train is plenty and if your lifting as hard as you say 30-40 min is cool on those days. I personally like to get it all done at one time.

defatted soy flour? Do you eat vegetables? What kinda meat you eating?

Working to failure everyday and that much cardio Id say hard. Remember you body needs rest also.

How many meals a day do you eat? What is an example of a typical day of what you eat for each meal? IMO you should be getting at least 3000 a day with lots of protein if you want to save some muscle.

Patience is a virtue bro. Building muscle is the best way to burn fat, not hours of high intensity cardio. I only do a 1/2 hr of Cardio 5 days a week and I keep my weight training to no more than 45-60 min 4 days a week. That and a good diet I have went from 240 to 190 in just over 3 months. Also I never go over 150 bpm anymore is just eating away hard earned muscle. Looks like your off to a good start but if your push to hard you stress your CNS and you will burn yourself out and only time away from the gym and sleep will fix that problem..

Patience is a virtue bro. Building muscle is the best way to burn fat, not hours of high intensity cardio. I only do a 1/2 hr of Cardio 5 days a week and I keep my weight training to no more than 45-60 min 4 days a week. That and a good diet I have went from 240 to 190 in just over 3 months. Also I never go over 150 bpm anymore is just eating away hard earned muscle. Looks like your off to a good start but if your push to hard you stress your CNS and you will burn yourself out and only time away from the gym and sleep will fix that problem..

Thanks for the reply Johnny.

Today is a typical day for me and my food list looks like this...

2 cups oatmeal- 600 calories, 108 carbs, 20 pro
Post workout shake- 230 cal, 22 carb, 35 pro
Cottage cheese- 325 cal, 20 carb, 52 pro
Beef- 208 cal, 10fat 30 pro
Eggs- 155 cal, 10 fat 15 pro
Defatted soy flour- 227 cal, 33 carb, 51 pro
Salmon- 354 cal 50 prot
Beans- 209 cal, 37 carb, 15 pro

Totals typically come out to be around 50f, 220 carbs( about 60-70g fiber ), 215-250 protein a day. I usually take 1 day a week to eat maintenance or just above maintenance.

I typically eat it all within a 6-7 hour window after my workout. Eating most of the carbs earlier in the day. I usually only eat beef on days i dont workout because of the fat content and replace it with more fish or chicken.

I use soy because i really like the macro nutrients, but ive read some bad things about it on thyroid so now im not so sure. I use it to make soy waffles which helps keep me on track.

As far as my workouts, i have been really motivated this last month and cant keep from going to the gym. I have to force myself not to go once a week as it is. Also, my heart rate stays around 170-180 when i do my cardio, should it be lower? I just max out incline and keep a pace of 3.2/3.5 and it keeps me up there.

I would like to make as much progress as possible, as my goal is 7-8% BF. I take supplements to help with metabolism as well as thermos.

Should i increase my calories to 2500-2600, even though i eat maintenance or just over maintenance once a week as it is?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply bro.

Top Bottom