Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine & protien

whiteflesh

Hi this is my first go at it. I am going to start taking creatine syrum, and intaking in a protien shake. My question for everyone is how should I use them. Should I take the creatine before the workout and the shake after, or should I take them both after? I have heard so much controversy I just don't know what to belive. Please help!!

creatine serum is crap. get the powder if you're gonna use it

jeremys said:

What kind of research do you have to base this statement on?

Fleshy- You're gonna want to keep the prot coming steadily all day long if possible but especially right after you lift...along with some fast digesting carbs to reload the glycogen you just drained from your muscles. Then throw down another big serving of prot within another hour or so. I typically have a shake right after I lift, then have dinner an hour or so later. As for the creatine question...you'll get all types of answers...this site has a lot of info and explains the various theories

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/

Train big, eat big, sleep big...and you'll get big :D

jeremys said:

I never tried the serum, so I can't say its total crap or not but I haven't heard a positive thing about it. The guy at gnc told me everyone that bought it kept taking it back cause it bloated them really bad. I know some people don't drink as much water as they should when taking creatine so that could be the cause of it.

don't know about bloating...can't see how 5cc's can bloat you. I'm going to pick up some more creatine soon so I'm interested to see what people think about the serum vs powder debate.

I have heard the serum is crap as well, yet I still went out and bought some to see myself. I normally respond quite well to creatine (powder) and I really didnt see anything with the serum. In fact it still sits on my fridge, and I bought it last year. Im not an official on creatine, but that is my .02 on the serum.

If you are talking about the serum made by Muscle Marketing USA, then it is crap. They are currently even being sued. You can go on their website and read their bullshit claims about it. I have seen more then one lab report that said this serum had less .10 grams of creatine per serving.(If I can find one I will link it) Creatine cannot stay stable in the way they sell it. There is a product call Kre-alkylne(or something close to that spelling)this is a buffered liquid creatine which infact works. I have used it but it is quite expensive. About $30 a month. When the serum first came out it was quite popular. Now one wants it. I have seen stores selling it for $5 a bottle just to get rid of the stuff. The only store that sells and promotes is GNC and I would not listen to what they say. Stick to powder, it has proved effective for many people and it is the least expensive.

yes, the key things are:

1. each serving probably has .00005% of what a normal serving size is

2. creatine is usually not stable in a liquid form for more than 10 minutes. i dont know what study i read that off of but i know i read it somewhere

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jeremys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of research do you have to base this statement on?

Creatine is unstable in a liquid state. Always has been. This company and a couple other followers claimed to have pulled it off, but I don't see how its possible. It would be nearly as difficult as making liquid glutamine.

Like the others said, it is seriously underdosed. The company justifies this on their theory that it is more potent than normal creatine, in a more more readily utilized state, and therefore less is needed for the same result. That would be fine if it were true. Unfortunately its not.

On top of that, its actually less than the little amount they claim. So, even if they are on to something, they are lying about their product.

If you do some research on the stuff I'm sure you'll find all this to be true. Don't waste your money on the serum.

Top Bottom