Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

creatine on keto

sterlingwk

I'm planning a cutting Keto diet to cut down some serious weight. What's the best time of the day to take creatine during the keto diet and how many mgs a day should I take?

Some of tha magazines I read say Creatine needs insulin to get into the muscle, but Keto is all about suppressing insulin, so what then?

thanks.

remember creatine is naturally found in foods, so you are getting it already

as a supplement creatine is one of the best ones to use because it is safe, effective, and non hormonal. I recommend you get a good quality creatine that is free of fillers and garbage.. ancient strength from n2bm is easy to take and requires no mixing.

you take 3 per day, doesn't matter how you do it https://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Ancient-Strength-p273.html

Also take ancient strength, which is about 5 grams of creatine.

You dont need more than 5-10 grams per day to be honest, and you dont need those oldschool 'drink creatine with grape juice' techniques

That whole 'grape juice and creatine' technique is extremely old school and incorrect. You do not need an insulin spike for creatine to be absorbed.

Insulin is not black and white. It's not like a light switch. Even if you eat a meal that contains zero carbohydrates, insulin will still be released. Just to much smaller degree then if the meal contained carbohydrates.

Just take 5-10g per day. Make sure to use a stand alone creatine supplement that contains no sugar or carbohydrates. A lot of creatine supplements that are flavoured contain sugar which will take you out of ketosis. I would use a capsulated creatine supplement like ancient strength from n2bm.com and use 5g before each workout. Keep it simple.

With creatine monohydrate you want 5g per day. With other forms such as creatine HCL the dose will be very different. I recommend taking it around training times but would not worry about what food you take it with.

Usually, on workout days I would recommend using creatine around the training session - before and after it. On rest days, take it whenever it is more convenient to you.

Top Bottom