Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Conversation on Effects of AAS on Serotonin and Brain function....

8800gtx

Banned
ok guys I guess I want to get down and dirty here, because all I ever read on these boards is about effects on body, muscles, liver etc....I was asking myself, what about our brains....hello I dont know about you guys but I use mine to earn a living...(big muscles help with the ladies, but does nothing for my income) So anyways my big question is what about our brain function....lack of emotions, short temper, narrow mindedness....Im asking all of this because I have noticed that while on a cycle I tend to break up with my girlfriends, get moody, cheat my friends, and think racist and elitest thoughts and get depressed, that really scare the shit out of me when I realize that I have become all this....So all i want to do if open up a conversation with you guys and see what comes out....
 
the only time I get moody becuase of aas is pct time
when on Im eveyones freind as long as people ok with me
In on npp and test now could'nt feel better
edit I read some were that nandrolone increase's(sp?) serotonin
 
yea i hardly have any rage...being on gives me a since of well being, i feel better. When i take my clomid for PCT sometimes i feel alittle down but nothing to bad
 
8800, i too am not in this game for money. i earn my living using my brains. personally, AAS has never had any negative effects on my relationships (personal or professional). the only effect it has on my mind is that i feel like boning every halfway decent chick around but mind over matter works well there :)
 
8800gtx said:
ok guys I guess I want to get down and dirty here, because all I ever read on these boards is about effects on body, muscles, liver etc....I was asking myself, what about our brains....hello I dont know about you guys but I use mine to earn a living...(big muscles help with the ladies, but does nothing for my income) So anyways my big question is what about our brain function....lack of emotions, short temper, narrow mindedness....Im asking all of this because I have noticed that while on a cycle I tend to break up with my girlfriends, get moody, cheat my friends, and think racist and elitest thoughts and get depressed, that really scare the shit out of me when I realize that I have become all this....So all i want to do if open up a conversation with you guys and see what comes out....



It affects my brain too. I just keep telling myself its the Juice and not to stress about it.






-BRR
 
8800gtx said:
I have noticed that while on a cycle I tend to break up with my girlfriends, get moody, cheat my friends, and think racist and elitest thoughts and get depressed....

Shit. That is me when I am not on AAS lol

I'm like BRR. If I have swings when I am on I just accept it is the gear and deal with it.

Before I ever started using I thought a lot about some of the possible mental side effects because I am a fruit-loop. I really do not experience any huge mental swings when I am on though. I do not get major sides like acne either. I must be lucky (knock on wood). I do get more depressed while on PCT but I know it is coming and I know it is just my body going though a small phase and I accept it and adjust my life style to manage the depression. I hang out with friends more, go out more, do a little more cardio and try and keep a positive image.

If the gear is making you act or think a certain way it is only accentuating the real you. I'll be the first one to admit I have a shit load of demons in me. It is all a matter of control and discipline...and sometimes they do get the best of me.

Get some book on meditation, yoga, something to manage those thoughts. Take that energy and try to channel it into something positive.
 
good stuff guys....I was wondering if there were any studies showing actual facts...like measuring blood flow through the brain, etc....
 
I've been on and off for 7 years now, and I can honestly tell you that it DOES affect the brain. If your prone to depression or anxiety before you take juice it's definitely not gonna make it better. A lot of things I would have done differently now, if I could do it all over.
 
this is the stuff I want to hear about Watson..if you would be so kind to share.....It would do all of us...(noobes and experienced) a huge help.... I started this thread to benefit and inform the general population of mental health issues related to steroid and chemical misuse....
 
8800gtx said:
this is the stuff I want to hear about Watson..if you would be so kind to share.....It would do all of us...(noobes and experienced) a huge help.... I started this thread to benefit and inform the general population of mental health issues related to steroid and chemical misuse....


I was actually gonna start my own thread on this, because there are some issues that I need to address in my life at the moment, and I learned everything I know here on this board in the last 7 or 8 years. Actually I registered back in 98, but changed usernames years later. I guess I will give you some insight on what I've learned through experience. I started using when i was 22 which is not bad considering the age at which some of these kids in High School are starting. My first cycle, I didn't know shit....literally. I took a bottle of T-50 for six weeks, gained almost 20 pounds. You can probably guess what I would do over about that first cycle. Over the next few years my obsession with my body got worse and worse. I was actually terrified, and still am, about being skinny. Once people know you as the "Big Guy" you almost have a duty to keep that up, sort of like it's your identity. Nobody in college knows me any other way except for being big. So it's a huge mental thing with me. If my pants fit loose or a shirt fits loose, I freak, and immediately want to eat, work out, and of course get on the juice. Over the last 2 years it has been VERY difficult to get off. I have come off a month or two at a time, and even less in the past year. Completely out of hand. Steroids to me are the most mentally addicting substance that I have ever got my hands on. I can quit everything else, but this stuff is beyond my control. Now don't get me wrong, this is not gonna happen with everyone. Not even close. I have an extremely small frame, and If I didn't work out, I would dissolve into complete nothingness. I can't let that happen. As far as it's affects on the brain. I had a small bit of depression when i was 18, before I started any juice, so I know it didn't cause the depression I live with today. It did however make it worse as far as I'm concerned, and anxiety has always been an issue. You absolutely can't get too caught up in the stuff, or you will wake up one day and realize that almost a decade has gone by and you have gotten nothing accomplished, besides the fact that you weigh 70 lbs. more. Mix that with the fact that it will disapear in a flash if you don't keep up the calories, and the workouts. Those two things are a very good combination to cause some sort of depression. I take lexipro now for the depression, and It has saved my life....literally. Keep in mind that I never blamed the steroids for any of it, seeing that I did have in the family. It's just hard to say what effects they had on me. The stress of always looking your best is what gets to you. I'm a perfectionist, and I have the absolutely hardest body to keep weight on. So it has been a struggle. Working out is my aphrodesiac, and without it I don't think I could or would want to wake up every day. Now I'm worried about things such as blood pressure, and prostate problems. Just remember to do your research. That can't be said enough. Know your family history, and know what drugs you should stay away from. Don't figure this out ten years down the line, when you can take the time and make the right desicions now. So basically just like every drug, I would say take steroids in moderation, and get your blood work done. Remember to pay close attention to any changes in mood and feelings. Don't get too caught up in the way you look, because steroids are a fix for that, and that's where the mental addiction will come in, and it WILL come in if you let it. I worry now about my health, and of course when I was young I didn't think twice about it. "I'm only gonna do one cycle" How many damn people have I heard say that? More than I can count. Just be careful guys, and don't overlook anything. Do your research, and think LONG TERM. Life is short. I was gonna make a thread about some of AG guys research products, as far as GH, but I don't want to make a source post. If anyone has any experience with these, or anything that can help me get off this stuff, I would greatly appreciate the help. I will try Omega's product too, once it comes in stock...sounds like good stuff.
 
Watson said:
I was actually gonna start my own thread on this, because there are some issues that I need to address in my life at the moment, and I learned everything I know here on this board in the last 7 or 8 years. Actually I registered back in 98, but changed usernames years later. I guess I will give you some insight on what I've learned through experience. I started using when i was 22 which is not bad considering the age at which some of these kids in High School are starting. My first cycle, I didn't know shit....literally. I took a bottle of T-50 for six weeks, gained almost 20 pounds. You can probably guess what I would do over about that first cycle. Over the next few years my obsession with my body got worse and worse. I was actually terrified, and still am, about being skinny. Once people know you as the "Big Guy" you almost have a duty to keep that up, sort of like it's your identity. Nobody in college knows me any other way except for being big. So it's a huge mental thing with me. If my pants fit loose or a shirt fits loose, I freak, and immediately want to eat, work out, and of course get on the juice. Over the last 2 years it has been VERY difficult to get off. I have come off a month or two at a time, and even less in the past year. Completely out of hand. Steroids to me are the most mentally addicting substance that I have ever got my hands on. I can quit everything else, but this stuff is beyond my control. Now don't get me wrong, this is not gonna happen with everyone. Not even close. I have an extremely small frame, and If I didn't work out, I would dissolve into complete nothingness. I can't let that happen. As far as it's affects on the brain. I had a small bit of depression when i was 18, before I started any juice, so I know it didn't cause the depression I live with today. It did however make it worse as far as I'm concerned, and anxiety has always been an issue. You absolutely can't get too caught up in the stuff, or you will wake up one day and realize that almost a decade has gone by and you have gotten nothing accomplished, besides the fact that you weigh 70 lbs. more. Mix that with the fact that it will disapear in a flash if you don't keep up the calories, and the workouts. Those two things are a very good combination to cause some sort of depression. I take lexipro now for the depression, and It has saved my life....literally. Keep in mind that I never blamed the steroids for any of it, seeing that I did have in the family. It's just hard to say what effects they had on me. The stress of always looking your best is what gets to you. I'm a perfectionist, and I have the absolutely hardest body to keep weight on. So it has been a struggle. Working out is my aphrodesiac, and without it I don't think I could or would want to wake up every day. Now I'm worried about things such as blood pressure, and prostate problems. Just remember to do your research. That can't be said enough. Know your family history, and know what drugs you should stay away from. Don't figure this out ten years down the line, when you can take the time and make the right desicions now. So basically just like every drug, I would say take steroids in moderation, and get your blood work done. Remember to pay close attention to any changes in mood and feelings. Don't get too caught up in the way you look, because steroids are a fix for that, and that's where the mental addiction will come in, and it WILL come in if you let it. I worry now about my health, and of course when I was young I didn't think twice about it. "I'm only gonna do one cycle" How many damn people have I heard say that? More than I can count. Just be careful guys, and don't overlook anything. Do your research, and think LONG TERM. Life is short. I was gonna make a thread about some of AG guys research products, as far as GH, but I don't want to make a source post. If anyone has any experience with these, or anything that can help me get off this stuff, I would greatly appreciate the help. I will try Omega's product too, once it comes in stock...sounds like good stuff.
wow bro. sorry to hear about your experiances.

good luck and stay safe
 
I've done several cycles and can honestly admit that I've experienced only one bout of depression that I would have atributed to AAS. I know this because on one occasion I was feeling depressed while on cycle and felt better less than a minute after giving myself a shot. This, of course, is a classic sign of addiction.

Aside from that, while I'm on I feel great, especially while on d-bol. Ds give me that inflated sense of well-being. On my last cycle, a 16 weeker, I never once experienced any depression. I did, however, experience some mild depression while comming off and going through PCT. I would attribute this, in part, to the lower natural test levels and the fact that the cycle had come to an end. None the less, my moods always stabalize once I've completely come off. I hope it remains that way as do future cycles.
 
Watson said:
I was actually gonna start my own thread on this, because there are some issues that I need to address in my life at the moment, and I learned everything I know here on this board in the last 7 or 8 years. Actually I registered back in 98, but changed usernames years later. I guess I will give you some insight on what I've learned through experience. I started using when i was 22 which is not bad considering the age at which some of these kids in High School are starting. My first cycle, I didn't know shit....literally. I took a bottle of T-50 for six weeks, gained almost 20 pounds. You can probably guess what I would do over about that first cycle. Over the next few years my obsession with my body got worse and worse. I was actually terrified, and still am, about being skinny. Once people know you as the "Big Guy" you almost have a duty to keep that up, sort of like it's your identity. Nobody in college knows me any other way except for being big. So it's a huge mental thing with me. If my pants fit loose or a shirt fits loose, I freak, and immediately want to eat, work out, and of course get on the juice. Over the last 2 years it has been VERY difficult to get off. I have come off a month or two at a time, and even less in the past year. Completely out of hand. Steroids to me are the most mentally addicting substance that I have ever got my hands on. I can quit everything else, but this stuff is beyond my control. Now don't get me wrong, this is not gonna happen with everyone. Not even close. I have an extremely small frame, and If I didn't work out, I would dissolve into complete nothingness. I can't let that happen. As far as it's affects on the brain. I had a small bit of depression when i was 18, before I started any juice, so I know it didn't cause the depression I live with today. It did however make it worse as far as I'm concerned, and anxiety has always been an issue. You absolutely can't get too caught up in the stuff, or you will wake up one day and realize that almost a decade has gone by and you have gotten nothing accomplished, besides the fact that you weigh 70 lbs. more. Mix that with the fact that it will disapear in a flash if you don't keep up the calories, and the workouts. Those two things are a very good combination to cause some sort of depression. I take lexipro now for the depression, and It has saved my life....literally. Keep in mind that I never blamed the steroids for any of it, seeing that I did have in the family. It's just hard to say what effects they had on me. The stress of always looking your best is what gets to you. I'm a perfectionist, and I have the absolutely hardest body to keep weight on. So it has been a struggle. Working out is my aphrodesiac, and without it I don't think I could or would want to wake up every day. Now I'm worried about things such as blood pressure, and prostate problems. Just remember to do your research. That can't be said enough. Know your family history, and know what drugs you should stay away from. Don't figure this out ten years down the line, when you can take the time and make the right desicions now. So basically just like every drug, I would say take steroids in moderation, and get your blood work done. Remember to pay close attention to any changes in mood and feelings. Don't get too caught up in the way you look, because steroids are a fix for that, and that's where the mental addiction will come in, and it WILL come in if you let it. I worry now about my health, and of course when I was young I didn't think twice about it. "I'm only gonna do one cycle" How many damn people have I heard say that? More than I can count. Just be careful guys, and don't overlook anything. Do your research, and think LONG TERM. Life is short. I was gonna make a thread about some of AG guys research products, as far as GH, but I don't want to make a source post. If anyone has any experience with these, or anything that can help me get off this stuff, I would greatly appreciate the help. I will try Omega's product too, once it comes in stock...sounds like good stuff.

Watson,

I don't want to send this post in another direction, but, what is the state of your health?, cholesterol, RBC count, liver enzymes, etc?
 
I've struggled with anxiety and panic disorders for most of my life... used to take meds for it (xanax, paxil, etc).... I hated the person I was while on those drugs... I couldn't decide which was worse, the anxiety or being a zombie.... I decided to ween myself off the meds and deal with the stress in other ways...and I've been doing pretty damn well for 5-6 years now.... during this time, I've also started AAS.... not once did I ever experience any anxiety or panic attacks while "on"... occasionally feel depressed when off, but I know for a fact it's just the "let-down" effect, add to that the clomid, etc. So long story short, I strongly feel that AAS had no negative effect on my mental health... if anything it's always been the opposite.
 
Top Bottom