Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

****confused On Soreness****

winstrol69

Ok, some of you guys say dont train the body part if it is sore. But with the serious growth plan, I would have to do that. What gives?:(

lee priest said : when u have a sorenes wait 3-4 for recovery and before your muscles recover totally hit them hard again and destroy them
so they will grow as never before :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Serious Growth Plan is only to be used for a limited time. As such it's alright to bend the rules a bit to shock the muscles. But for any long term lifting schedules working out while still sore won't amount to much progress. You need to let the muscles recuperate and repair themselves to acheive strength and size gains. If you are constantly working a muscle and not letting it heal you are defeating the purpose.

Remember, you grow outside of the gym not while working out.

If you want a more scientific explanation I'm sure someone on the board can help you out.

muscles recover when they are sore, they grow in the 24 hr period that you think they have completely recovered. leave them alone.

Im new to the gym so i don't know much personally but i had the same problem. When i got soreness i asked the big guys at the gym what i should do and they told me to let the soreness comepletely go away and once its better hit that muscle hard for the best gains.

still possible

I work every body part twice a week but I do have that luxury working at a gym. Now the soreness question comes down to a lot of factors are you taking in enough protein to give the muscles raw material to build are you getting enough sleep for your body to produce the proper amounts of the right hormones etc. working a muscle while sore especially over a period of time could cause major damage including full tendon tears which need operations to repair.

Generally, while a bodypart is sore the muscle is in a state of repair. Breaking it down again by causing stress to that muscle will not necessarily result in greater repair and hence more growth. It is generally best to allow the muscle to fully repair and then allow an additional day or two for adaptation. Training sore muscles on programs such as compound aftershock or serious growth plan (not familiar with that one) is not something I would recomend to do long term.

hardgainer (patiently waiting for muscles to recover)

Top Bottom