Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Concern of low HDL

awol1

My recent labs mid-cycle had my levels of HDL at 14. My endo seemed to be concerned. I expected lower levels, but is this extreme? Thanks.

Low HDL is a risk factor all by itself. More than likely, this is just a side effect of your cycle. Still I would start taking niacin (500mg or more) a day to bring it up. Unfortunately the other popular cholesterol supplements are much better at reducing LDL than increasing HDL, so niacin, cardio, and sufficient EFAs are your best options.

awol1 said:
My recent labs mid-cycle had my levels of HDL at 14. My endo seemed to be concerned. I expected lower levels, but is this extreme? Thanks.

Damn. I'm not sure if it's a result of your cycle, but I would think it was have to be a lab error, or a side of the cycle. I do cardiology research for a living and I'm conducting a major study sponsored by Phizer (the makers of Lipitor) testing a drug called Torcetrapib, used to elevate the HDL, and out of 154 research subjects to date at my site, I've not seen anyone lower that 25-30.

I, too, would take Niacin.

kevin7

kevin7 said:
Damn. I'm not sure if it's a result of your cycle, but I would think it was have to be a lab error, or a side of the cycle. I do cardiology research for a living and I'm conducting a major study sponsored by Phizer (the makers of Lipitor) testing a drug called Torcetrapib, used to elevate the HDL, and out of 154 research subjects to date at my site, I've not seen anyone lower that 25-30.

I, too, would take Niacin.

kevin7

I got mine down to 9 once. I was just 5wk into var/test....and I'm usually around 65.

thanks for the info. my doc said that she has never seen levels that low. I will take Niacin and let you know how it works.

unfortunately i dont know my HDL levels prior cycle, but I imagine it cant be nearly that low or I would have been notified following my routine physical.

Thanks, again.

Me exams have turned out as 4 and 3 before.The common between those exams was orals,mainly winstrol .
Never again orals without niacin or some statin for me.

Do not be concerned...

Obviously your doctor is concerned because on paper those HDL's look fucked up. As Ulter will always say there is NO evidence that temporarily skewed lipid values play any effect on heart health.

I went from 17 to 48 in exactly one month post cycle supplementing with Flax, Niacin @ 1g+ a day (doses were spurratic), Nolvadex and a high fiber diet.

They wrote the first test off as an "error" haha.

Top Bottom