Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Concentrating on the chest

JIMguy said:
sorry man but pretty much wrong... as long as you arent doing some dumb piece of shit volume routine from flex then you really wouldnt even come close to overtraining by doing that split. Once a week training is so unefficent its disgusting, people jus really dont seem to understand how important FREQUENCY is. Also, overtraining is not something that happens in a week due to excessive workouts.... its a process of continual cns fatigue over a given period of time. In terms of training to failure, i wont state my opinion, but its definetly not the only or the most efficient way to train. And no, you dont need to switch exercises each week to stimulate the muscle. The only way to get bigger is to get STRONGER.. and the only way to get stronger is by picking one heavy compound movement ie barbell bench press for chest... sticking to it for a while and making some sort of strength gains each week. If you are switching up ur godamn exercises every week like a madman, then you cant really specifically get stronger on any one exercise. The scientific concept of PROGREESIVE OVERLOAD right there in a nutshell for ya........

oh yeah check this out:

A quote by ronnie Coleman:(1997)
"My shoulders have been such a weak bodypart for me, I just decided to change my training and try something different. I used giant sets.

What I do is like a double superset consisting of four sets back-to-back, no rest in between, but you stay with the same exercise - in my case dumbbell laterals, which is the only exercise I do this way.

I start out with 25 pounds, then I go up to 35, 45 and 55, increasing the weight in 10-pound increments, or sometimes I might do 30, 40, 50 and 60. It all depends on how I feel and how strong I am.

I start out by doing 25 reps with, say, 25 pounds, then without any rest I do 15 reps with 35 pounds, followed immediately by 10 reps with 45 pounds, and finally I squeeze out eight reps with 55 pounds (laughs) - eight hard reps because by then I'm at my maximum. Those earlier reps and poundages were just a warmup for the heaviest weight.

I normally do two or three giant sets of dumbbell laterals. Then maybe I'll do another two shoulder exercises in a regular fashion, such as barbell presses and front raises. I only use the giant set technique on dumbbell laterals.

Doing this resulted in a real breakthrough in my shoulder development. It just forced growth. Doing so many reps, you know, with no rest between them, it's almost a shock to your body. And my shoulders really responded. I'd tried just about every other training technique for my shoulders, but nothing really worked until I tried this."

the whole article: http://bodybuilding.home.insightbb.com/trainingarticles/giantsets/

As for how many times does Ronnie train check out this link (Max 2 times a week):
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/videos/ronnie-coleman-cost-of-redemption.html

not to flame you bro but these are the facts

I think it's IS true that diet does play more of a role then weight training in terms of development then people care to admit. The reson people think otherwise is because they don't follow a strict diet, and the reason weight training does not produce the results expected.

JohnRobin and Kian are giving good advice. The only problem with dips is if you have shoulder separation. But I think you should add some isolation into that chest workout (flyes either dumbell or cable)

No words have been mentioned about your form.. Once again I think John can help you out there...

AhMadKooL said:
oh yeah check this out:

"My shoulders have been such a weak bodypart for me, I just decided to change my training and try something different. I used giant sets.

What I do is like a double superset consisting of four sets back-to-back, no rest in between, but you stay with the same exercise - in my case dumbbell laterals, which is the only exercise I do this way.

I start out with 25 pounds, then I go up to 35, 45 and 55, increasing the weight in 10-pound increments, or sometimes I might do 30, 40, 50 and 60. It all depends on how I feel and how strong I am.

I start out by doing 25 reps with, say, 25 pounds, then without any rest I do 15 reps with 35 pounds, followed immediately by 10 reps with 45 pounds, and finally I squeeze out eight reps with 55 pounds (laughs) - eight hard reps because by then I'm at my maximum. Those earlier reps and poundages were just a warmup for the heaviest weight.

I normally do two or three giant sets of dumbbell laterals. Then maybe I'll do another two shoulder exercises in a regular fashion, such as barbell presses and front raises. I only use the giant set technique on dumbbell laterals.

Doing this resulted in a real breakthrough in my shoulder development. It just forced growth. Doing so many reps, you know, with no rest between them, it's almost a shock to your body. And my shoulders really responded. I'd tried just about every other training technique for my shoulders, but nothing really worked until I tried this."

Ronnie is amazing, but he doesn't know a damn thing about training real people.The fact that you are quoting Ronnie to support a theory shows that it's probably not well founded.

The reason why we can train our bodys many times over in a week is beacuse we use compund exercises that do not focus on a particular set of muscle fibers. Ronnie does lots of isolation moves like laterals, front raises, upright rows, etc. I blast my shoulders by doing:

Push press, Clean, olympic moves, bench presses, dips, (rear delts are hit by deads and rows and chins).

Ronie is a freak of nature, by the time he was 17 he was stronger than most people will ever be. Real people are better served with a completely differet approach.

those three links that guinness posted on page one are gold as well. very informative.

Your quote from Ronnie does not touch on total volume for a period of time, only one workout. If it were true that i would overtrain workout out everthing 3 or 4 times a week, then i would have overtrained years ago (as well as all of our olympiads). There are enough links in this thread to expain the routine that i follow- look up the 5x5 and get strong.

AhMadKooL said:
oh yeah check this out:

the whole article: http://bodybuilding.home.insightbb.com/trainingarticles/giantsets/

As for how many times does Ronnie train check out this link (Max 2 times a week):
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/videos/ronnie-coleman-cost-of-redemption.html

Fact huh?.... and TO flame, u sound like fuckin moron bro... U r supporting your theories based on RONNIE fuckin COLEMAN? The guy takes so much shit including AAS, IGF-1, slin/GH, t3, clen, pgfa2, that all he has to do is look at a weight and grow. If the average person trained under these same circumstances then ya mayb what u say could b even remotely plausible. But the truth is with statements like "bbing is 33% training, 33%rest, 33% diet" u show how incredibly ignorant u r. Dont come on here and spot off some shit that u got off of a bodybuilding.com forum.

JIMguy said:
Fact huh?.... and TO flame, u sound like fuckin moron bro... U r supporting your theories based on RONNIE fuckin COLEMAN? The guy takes so much shit including AAS, IGF-1, slin/GH, t3, clen, pgfa2, that all he has to do is look at a weight and grow. If the average person trained under these same circumstances then ya mayb what u say could b even remotely plausible. But the truth is with statements like "bbing is 33% training, 33%rest, 33% diet" u show how incredibly ignorant u r. Dont come on here and spot off some shit that u got off of a bodybuilding.com forum.

Wow ,. alot of hostility to the status quo...

In terms of drug use I doubt that Ronnie is wayy far out from Cutler or anyone else...

JIMguy said:

Your a fucking dumb fuck. Are you saying that somebody that doesn't know how to train can be the number one in the sport?!. What works for one person doesn't mean that it would work for the other. Why do you think the majority of people even pro people train like i'm saying - Because it works you dumb fuck. Not taking away from the 5x5 program it might work for you but not for everybody. By the way I went from 140 lbs to 200 pounds naturally on this traing program. and your saying it doesn't work. I've been traing for ten years and I've trained with some of the most massive people in the sport and they all train this way. how long have you been training huh?

Before you call people names and you call them ignorant know what your talking about.

Top Bottom