Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

computer people - modem connection

awesome man. Tried to go to the atlanta show but it sold out in 4 minutes. Got a friend that sees them a few times a year in London.

if you think you were pissed at your DSL service, just wait until you try 56k. It is slower than shit!!! Once you get spoiled with cable or DSL, there is no going back. I would purchase another DSL modem. :fro:

what you can do is.... if you don't feel like spending any money.. look into the free internet services and "somehow" rid yourself of the banner..
here's a forum to check out
http://dfforums.org/
i do it and i don't pay a dime for internet.. . i do however have to use a 56k modem.. but hey i don't download anything anyway..

Cable is the way to go... once you get a cable modem the cable company knows they have you by the balls..they just raised the price 6 dollars a month.. from 39.95 to 45.95 a month.. bastards.. they know they got ya.. I was wondering..since the line to the cable modem is just spliced off the cable from the TV....If I cancelled my interent account could I buy a cable modem and hook it up and still access the internet?? Not that I would ever think of cheating those cheating bastards..just curious

lucky of you still using ISDN connection, what's the fastest connection available Happy?

1) WODIN - you can buy a kick ass really amazing cable modem for around $200 - $700+ is waaay too much. although I suppose they just do that to ensure you really bring it back.

2) everyone that is recommending I don't do the dial up - yeah, no shit- but it is for less than a month. I'm not going through the hassle of the other shit for 2 weeks worth service that I need to disconnect when I move anyway.

3) yellowbomber, I don't know what you wrote b/c I have you on ignore, but I saw your name was on the recent post

4) as for stealing the connection, slickdadd is right, they can alter what they send to you, so it unfortunately isn't that easy.
also, I really have no problem paying for the shit if the service is good and fast, what pisses me off is paying for it and then having problems, and then when I complain about it, they just blow me off.
that's what makes me want to kill kill kill.

well for a month, definitely go with dialup. Its not bad just to check a few things. Do most of your other stuff at work, get your fix.

exactly my point slickdadd - and it is only for two weeks anyway.
moving sucks - hopefully this one will go smoothly - the secret this time is I'm gonna throw out as much as I can.
anyone want a whole lotta clothes?

happy that is the first key to a succesful move. Start tossing crap!

Top Bottom