Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Competition #2 For Anyone and Everyone

HiDnGoD said:
One arm barbell curls? That's a lot of balancing for the wrist to handle. Could be straining something. As far as barbell curls go, I always had pain in my wrists & the top, inside of my forearms, near the elbows. I switched from a straight bar to the Cambered bar & that seems to have done the trick. Extremely strict form has helped tooo.
ck I would adjust the bar or exercise, I wouldn't lower the weight for one arm and not the other...

Form is key yes, and maybe add forearm/wrist strengthening exercises to your routine.

Working safely through ACHE is different than working through pain .. I do not recommend the latter

*Bunny* said:
ck I would adjust the bar or exercise, I wouldn't lower the weight for one arm and not the other...

Form is key yes, and maybe add forearm/wrist strengthening exercises to your routine.

Working safely through ACHE is different than working through pain .. I do not recommend the latter

Hidin/bunny - don't use the straight bar and have been trying to concentrate on form. will look for the forearm/wrist exercises! broke both of my wrists twice so I know that is part of the problem! part - probably is the problem!

Left a message for a new trainer, so going to see if she keeps me on this program or gives me another. My other trainer is way too busy for me which I know is good for her but not for me!!!!

:heart: :heart: to you both!

Muchmass-Glad you joined. I see you like Muay Thai.... I was thinking of geting into MMA.

CK- Sometimes when I get a joint pain/forearm pain/ whatver it is I will spend a week or two with lower weights and concentrating on getting full pump. Maybe try less free weights and use more machines. I usally hate machines but they have thier place. So I suggest you maybe grab 5lb DB and when you curl them just SQUEEEEZZZ your muscle as tight as possible threw the whole range of motion. Its funny because you will be tired quick. Thats just me though. I wouldnt recommend lifting less with one arm either. Maybe try some of those balls that you roll around in your hand..... NO NOT YOUR HUBBYS.. the little metal/glass ones. Those help me after a hard forearm workout.

ck2006 said:
Hidin/bunny - don't use the straight bar and have been trying to concentrate on form. will look for the forearm/wrist exercises! broke both of my wrists twice so I know that is part of the problem! part - probably is the problem!

Left a message for a new trainer, so going to see if she keeps me on this program or gives me another. My other trainer is way too busy for me which I know is good for her but not for me!!!!

:heart: :heart: to you both!
If you already have previous injury or muscle imbalances, why create more? ya know?
Your 'trainer' should address these issues accordingly during the assessment period ... FYI, if you pay them $$ they are at YOUR service ... too busy = her job ... ( sorry I must have missed you got another trainer, but still ... they are starting to worry me )

*Bunny* said:
If you already have previous injury or muscle imbalances, why create more? ya know?
Your 'trainer' should address these issues accordingly during the assessment period ... FYI, if you pay them $$ they are at YOUR service ... too busy = her job ... ( sorry I must have missed you got another trainer, but still ... they are starting to worry me )

Cityhick - LOL! hubby will like your suggestion way too much!

bunny - I am starting to get worried too! I haven't had the BF% tested since march, she wanted me to be lean for the summer, and well, yes this weekend didn't help, but nothing to much has been changing. and exactly, I am paying them to work for me and well she hasn't been. ARRRRRRR Feel like I have been left to figure things out on my own and that is not good.

I haven't talked to the hopefully new trainer yet, but I am going to let her know everything!

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, crazy girl being frustrated has now stopped! hee hee (well at least the frustrated part)

CK drop that trainer and bitch and say you want one that cares and knows what the hell they are doing. If not start taking shits in the garbage cans around the gym and telling them they should clean it up because that about all they would be good for.

cityhick said:
CK drop that trainer and bitch and say you want one that cares and knows what the hell they are doing. If not start taking shits in the garbage cans around the gym and telling them they should clean it up because that about all they would be good for.

LMAO! your full of good ones today! that is funny! :)

HiDnGoD said:
Made it to the gym for another 550 cal, after work. Weather too unsettled (tornado watch, LOL) for bike riding. Maybe to work tamorrow.

Your doing AWESOME with the cardio! I LOVE IT!

maybe with a tornado watch you'll ride your bike even faster! :)

Didnt do cardio today but repped 55 DB Curls for the first time. I squat about 270.. not so hot but it goes up quick. Feeling powerful and hungry today. I need a shower. Go pistons.

Top Bottom