Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Closing your eyes

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
Do you close your eyes when performing heavy lifts ?

I sometimes do it w/ bench press (and some lifts which don't require your legs ) and it helps me concentrate

it must look weird though :worried:

I do sometimes at certain points..I notice i do it a lot with heavy hacks but not with squats..kind of odd lol..just remember you dont need to validate yourself in someone else's eyes, only yours!!!!

ive done it on the last 1-2 reps with deads and squats. i think its easier to do a final rep when ur eyes are closed and u dont have to concentrate on looking, if that makes sense

I've closed my eyes while using light weight on the bench during my warm-up...only to open my eyes up and have this idiot at my gym basically hovering about 3 feet above my face, then grabbing for the weights that were in the process of being pressed by ME(it was only 195), and then him yelling at me how dangerous it is to close your eyes because others may think you've passed out....quite a few people started laughing at him, but he was dead serious...I'd say the bench is the only movement where i close my eyes, i tend to watch my form in the mirror if one is ahead of me.

On a machine...ok.

With free weights...no way!!!! Your balance is not as good when you closer your eyes.

B True

Ill usually close my eyes on the beginning of my first rep of deadlifts. It allows me to block out everything around me better, and most importantly fucks up my perception so that I cant feel if a black out is coming on, Ill just keep fighting it. Once I get that initial rep my eyes are open for most of the time though.

Top Bottom