Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD Questions.

I am not positive, but from what I have read it helps to drain your body of what glucose it has.

So to get into Ketosis you are draining your body of as much glucose as possible so you start to burn fat instead. What the ALA does is speeds up the process of burning/distributing the glucose. That is how I interpretted it from all the other posts here, but like I said"I am not positive"

Just got some Ketostix, Tested Purple after the 15 seconds. I've had absolutely no carbs since Sunday, doing well so far. Seems everyday I can eat less and less calories and be satisfied. This diet is the severe ownage so far.

Question - Is keeping your fat down on refeed days only to keep your total daily caloric intake from going through the roof or does it serve some other purpose?

Yes, ALA helps to clear blood glucose. Not as quick as insulin, but quicker than nothing at all.
-You keep fat down because you want high insulin levels, and yeah you don't want to add alot of fat calories when you go above maintenece w/ carbs. Say your maintence is 3000, you want 50% above, so you eat 4500kcals for a carb-up. If you ate alot of fat, you'd only have so much room to stay at 4500kcal from carbs/pro. Some fat is okay, you do actually need some, just don't eat something like fettucine alfredo. And if you follow a 48 hr. recarb, eat the fat in the meals that fall after the first 18 - 24 hrs, basically when you stop the high GI initial carb up.
-To enter ketosis quick and keep the drop in kcals, you need to drop protein. Say you're shooting for 2000 kcal/day. If you weigh 200lbs. and want to hit 200g pro, that's 800kcal. 1200 left for fat. This will take longer to get into ketosis. Once you establish ketosis, you can usually up your pro to this w/no problems, but alot of people enter quicker if they keep pro down for 1 - 2 days.

110% said:
ok i have a question, ih ave read several places use ALA with the first one or two days of dieting with the 80/20 and 70/30 fat/pro breakdwons, but why is ALA so much useful in speeding up time till ketosis if you are taking in no carbs and very little glucose from the protein, is it just used for the little amount of glucose from the protein?

I am curious about that, too. The only thing I can think of is that since the *blood* has less blood sugar and ALA may push glucose into muscle cells before the liver, the liver will start producing ketones earlier (production of ketones = state of ketosis) than if the blood/liver was allowed to hold more of the body's glucose-based energy.

All I know is that it seems to work for most people. Also, some people cannot get into ketosis if they use too much vanadyl. The opposite is true for me.

Top Bottom