Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

(CKD) Ketosis & oil (CKD)

What kind of Oil you take when you Try to Get into ketosis

• MCT Oil

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mayonnaise (brand KARFT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Butter

• Corn oil

• Sunflower oil

• olive oil

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Fish oil

• Cod liver oil "i dont know if fish oil = cod liver"

• Flax Seed Oil

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • sesame oil

• Canola

• borage oil (GLA)

• Primrose oil (GLA)

• Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)

• Macadamia Nut Oil (Monounsaturated Oils)

• Total voters

Q8TY

From where you get You fat when you doing CKD

MCT
Mayonnaise (brand KARFT)
Butter
Corn oil
Sunflower oil
olive oil
Fish oil
Cod liver oil
Flax Seed Oil
sesame oil
Canola
borage oil (GLA)
Primrose oil (GLA)
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Macadamia Nut Oil (Monounsaturated Oils)
OTHER ....

Amount Per 1 tablespoon

Sunflower oil

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 1.4g (2)
Polyunsaturated Fat 8.94g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.65g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Corn oil

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 1.73g (4)
Polyunsaturated Fat 7.98g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.29g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Sesame oil

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 1.93g (6)
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.67g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Flaxseed oil

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 1.28g (1)
Polyunsaturated Fat 8.98g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.75g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Olive oil

Total Fat 13.5g
Saturated Fat 1.82g (5)
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.13g
Monounsaturated Fat 9.95g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Mayonnaise, regular

Total Fat 10.96g
Saturated Fat 1.63g (3)
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.7g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.13g
Total Carbohydrate 0.373g <--- Contain carb & some Suger

Fish oil, cod liver

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 3.07g (8)
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.07g
Monounsaturated Fat 6.35g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Fish oil, salmon

Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 2.7g (7)
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.48g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.95g
Total Carbohydrate 0g

==================================
....................Saturated Fat*
Sunflower oil.......(2)
Corn oil............(4)
Sesame oil..........(6)
Flaxseed oil........(1)
Olive oil...........(5)
Mayonnaise, regular.(3)
Fish oil, cod liver.(8)
Fish oil, salmon....(7)

*sort by lower
==================================

BY Q8TY

References:
1- http://www.fitday.com
only one References :)

So i will vote for Flax Seed Oil because flax contain no carb with lower satfat and is rich in alpha linoleic acid omega-3 fatty acids

but i will give my 2nd vote for MTC because
MTC are more quickly converted to ketones than other fats. MCT oil does not need bile to emulsify them like other dietary fats, so the fat is available to the blood stream to be used as energy more quickly. This can improve your energy levels when you experience low blood glucose levels from lack of carbohydrates. MCT's do not affect insulin sensitivity as other saturated fats do.

I take MTC oil information from
http://www13.netrition.com/oils_page.html

I will post all my Reserach here

I do tone of Reserach Read them

•SATURATED FAT
Solid at room temperature; increases blood cholesterol

Sources: lard, high fat dairy products, fat from meat and poultry, coconut oil, palm oil

• MONOUNSATURATED FAT
Liquid at room temperature; Healthiest fat for blood cholesterol levels
Sources: fat from fish/seafood, olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, avocado

• POLYUNSATURATED FAT
Liquid at room temperature; Does not increase blood cholesterol levels
Sources: safflower oil, sunflower oil, corn oi, sesame oil, soybean oil

Saturated Fats - the ‘bad’ fats which are known to raise blood cholesterol levels
Monounsaturated Fats - the ‘good’ fat which can lower blood cholesterol level
Polyunsaturated Fats - ‘in between fat’ which has some good and bad properties
Trans Fatty Acid - a man-made fat which is worse for you than saturated fats // Butter and margarine

I will post all my Reserach here only oil

oil_chart.gif

coconut oil = bad
palm oil = bad

Saturated fat; Diet - fat; Polyunsaturated fat; Monounsaturated fat; Lipids

Definition

Fats are organic compounds that are made up of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen; they are the most concentrated source of energy in foods. Fats belong to a group of substances called lipids. Fats come in liquid or solid form. All fats are combinations of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. Fats can be called very saturated or very unsaturated depending on their proportions.

Food sources

Saturated fats are found in foods from both animal and vegetable sources. Animal sources include meat, poultry, and whole-milk dairy products such as cheese, milk, ice cream, cream, butter, and lard. Vegetable sources -- including coconut, palm kernel, and palm oils -- are also high in saturated fat.

Unsaturated fat is a type of fat that is usually liquid at refrigerator temperature. Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat are two kinds of unsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fat is found in large amounts in foods from plants, including olive oil, peanut, avocado, and canola oil (from rapeseed). It is a slightly unsaturated fat. Polyunsaturated fat is highly unsaturated fat that is found in large amounts in foods from plants, including safflower, sunflower, corn, and soybean oil. Omega-three fatty acid (fish oil) is a polyunsaturated fat found in seafood, particularly fish that is fatty. Seafood is lower in saturated fat than meat.

Functions

Fat is one of the three nutrients (along with protein and carbohydrates) that supply calories to the body. Fat provides 9 Calories per gram, more than twice the number provided by carbohydrates or protein.

Fat is essential for the proper functioning of the body. Fats provide the "essential" fatty acids, which are not made by the body and must be obtained from food. Linoleic acid is the most important essential fatty acid, especially for the growth and development of infants. Fatty acids provide the raw materials that help in the control of blood pressure, blood clotting, inflammation, and other body functions.

Fat serves as the storage substance for the body’s extra calories. It fills the fat cells (adipose tissue) that help insulate the body. Fats are also an important energy source. When the body has used up the calories from carbohydrate, which occurs after the first 20 minutes of exercise, it begins to depend on the calories from fat.

Healthy skin and hair are maintained by fat. Fat helps in the absorption, and transport through the bloodstream of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Recommendations Return to top

Approximately 40% of the calories consumed in the United States are from fat. Current recommendations for fat intake are different depending on preexisting medical conditions and cholesterol level. In general, for most people, less than 30% of total daily calories should come from fat. Saturated fat should be limited to less than 10% of the total calories for the day. The remainder of the day’s fat intake should be equal amounts of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat.

Children under two years of age should NOT be on a fat restricted diet because cholesterol and fat are thought to be important nutrients for brain development.

It is important to read the nutrition lables and be aware of the amount of different types of fat contained in food. It is recommended that everyone over 20 have their cholesterol checked. Talk to your health care provider about how to cut down of your fat intake and to have your cholesterol checked.

Side effects

Eating too much saturated fat is one of the major risk factors for heart disease. A diet high in saturated fat causes a soft, waxy substance called cholesterol to build up in the arteries. Too much fat also increases the risk of heart disease because of its high calorie content, which increases the chance of becoming obese (another risk factor for heart disease and some types of cancer).

A large intake of polyunsaturated fat may increase the risk for some types of cancer. Reducing daily fat intake is not a guarantee against developing cancer or heart disease, but it does help reduce the risk factors.

where is this going?

On keto, I get my fats from:

Animal fats of course... Chicken, turkey, lean ham, lean beef, steak, fish, etc

I also supplement with 9-15g fish oil daily

Macadamia nuts, mac oil, mac nut butter, almonds, almond butter, almond oil, omega-3 enhanced eggs.

That's pretty much the extent of my fat consumption on a ketogenic diet.

where is this going?

On keto, I get my fats from:

Animal fats of course... Chicken, turkey, lean ham, lean beef, steak, fish, etc

I also supplement with 9-15g fish oil daily

Macadamia nuts, mac oil, mac nut butter, almonds, almond butter, almond oil, omega-3 enhanced eggs.

That's pretty much the extent of my fat consumption on a ketogenic diet.

I miss Sonic.

Top Bottom