Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Check out my Training Regimen

einstein1 said:
This will be my last post in regards to overtraining on this thread, since we could probably argue all day about the issue (which would be a waste of both of our time).

There's nothing to argue over. Overtraining is clearly defined in many a textbook. It's not as if its definition is up for debate.

einstein1 said:
Assuming his diet and rest are not factors, then what else is there to modify except his volume?

Plenty. In fact, the most important training aspect, intensity, hasn't even been addressed. Besides intensity...what about training frequency? The exercises themelves can be totally changed. The order of the exercises can be switched up. He can incorporate pre-exhaustion techniques. His training split can be rearranged. There are a million-and-one variables to be looked at when a particular routine is failing without even considering diet and rest. Volume reduction isn't necessarily always the answer...sometimes volume isn't even an issue. And I don't think it is here either. It's my honest opinion that Icculus isn't overreaching.

Icculus said:
NOTE: I'm a fatass @ 20+ BF so I need to cut ALOT but bulk up a decent amount. Please give constructive critiques.

Going from this, I responded to his post as if the predominant goal was fat loss. We both know that you can't cut and bulk simultaneously. If he wants size and strength gains, then yes...that much cardio is too much catabolism. That's still not overtraining though. Simply being in a catabolic state doesn't indicate overtraining. If that were true, then pro bodybuilders would be overtraining every time they cut for a show.

einstein1 said:
Genetiking: I hope you didn't take my last post personally.

Heck no bro! I enjoy these training discussions. I'm glad there are other knowledgable guys out there who I can argue with. I've read your posts, you seem to know your stuff well. Nothing personal here...:)

If I can interject :)....

I think, compared to my workout routine before, I have greater intensity and my form is a lot better. I space out my meals to 4-5 instead of 3 a day. I'm also taking an ECA burner.

Should I be supplementing glutamine?? I just decided to pick up a protein supplement (designer protein) to use post workout. Is this a good idea?

I've read a lot of the archives, but with so much information, I've decided to do the basics and work up from there. Anything wrong with the muscles I work per day or more supplements I should be taking?

Interesting discussion between einstein and GenetiKing here...

Icculus, if what you are doing is working well for you right now, then why change it? At 20%+ bodyfat of course you want to address this first, and as you have said it's coming of fine, so why worry?
If you are an endomorph you shouldn't have too much trouble building muscle if you weight train INTENSELY. Don't be too concerned about overtraining, and don't chicken out of a hard workout with an "I might be overtraining" excuse.

hardgainer (I wish I could overeat and overtrain)

In regards to supplements, first ask yourself if you have a well balanced diet. If you conclude that your diet is lacking, then you need to supplement that part of you diet. If you already have a well balanced diet ask yourself this ( I'm quoting Mentzer), How do you supplement a well balanced diet? I must admit that when I first started training, I every pill, powder, liquid on the market. I discovered that most of them are out to get your money. If you insist on risking money on a supplement, keep a strict exercise journal and see if that supplement truely does help you perform.

Top Bottom