Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Charles Poliquin's BEST Mass-Builders For Arms

what is a zottman curl??

i think i read it is a regualr curl, starting out as a hammer curl and supinating as u get to the top, but instead of reverse supinating on the way down, u lower it palms facing up......am i correct???

also, what is the offset grip dbell curls?? is it just hammer curls??

Deppnade...

The concentric part of a zottman curl is the same as a regular db curl. Once you reach the top of the movement you turn your palms downward and as you would during a reverse curl and lower the dumbells. An offset dumbell curl is done simply by favoring the one side of the dumbell, namely the "pinkie finger" side. This is done so that the dumbell has more weight on one side and you have no choice but to supinate your wrists...

Deppnade said:
and that is the best type of curl???? i dont know about that, D, u do those???

I wouldn't say it's the "best" curl. But it does give you a different feel. I wouldn't use it as one of my core exercises. I'd probably use it as my second or third exercise. I have read somewhere before that Arnold has done Zottman curls before. Hmmm...

Arnold was genetically gifted hes not even comparable to anyone really. The man had 22" arms at age 19. I mean when some of the members on this board record that type of size then maybe Arnold's routine's will help.

Zottman curls are an excellent mass-builder for bis and theyre really good at thickening up the entire upper arm in my opinion.
:D:D

California Presses... are basically like lying extensions with a little variation. You lay on your back and you hold the barbell maybe 12-14" apart I believe. I would probably go a tad closer but I am really not too familiar with this exercise. I have tried it a few times though.

From what I understand you grab a weight that is in between what you usually use for lying ext. and for close-grip bench. You lower the weight down to your upper chest and then extend back up. Just like lying ext. except you lower to your upper chest.
:D:D

Reverse-grip Lying Ez-Bar Ext.

I heard that these are also a terrific mass-builder for the tris... I havnt tried them yet though.

Top Bottom