Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio -Your opinion

Laoisheader

so iv now got my bodyfat down too around 12% (was tryin for 10% but face looks to gaunt now). im 5"11 and 155lbs. im 32 years old. so im going to start to bulk. but i want to keep up the cardio as my lungs feel great (i quit smoking 6 months ago). i have lost some muscle with dieting and wonder can i regain that quickly???
Theres so many diff views on cardio out there but just want to know what u think of this. my weights program works so dont really need advice on that much. losing the 65lbs or so was done with a little more cardio than this and longer duration but mainly done with cutting carbs in last 4 meals etc. and diet restriction.
Monday- Deadlift, shrug. incline shrug, l-Fly (for rotator cuff), side bend, knee ups, Lever twist ( grip and forearms). takes about 40 min including warm up. then 20 mins of very fast power walking on max incline on treadmill. great cardio and in that 20 mins i need to get off 2-3 times to catch my breath and take a minute.
Tuesday- Steady state cardio. about 30 mins on cross trainer (eleptical machine)
Wednesday - Dumbell bench press and chins (superset), Dips and pull ups (supersets), shoulder press and parallel grip pull ups (superset) Dumbell press, lateral raises. takes about 30 min excluding warmup. Then 20-30 mins Muay thai pad work with guy from gym.
Thursday- Power walking for about 30 mins max incline in gym. pretty fast and have to get off and take about 3 one minute breaks to catch breath.
Friday- Squat, leg presses, calf raises, ab machine, back extension. Takes about 35-40 mins excluding warmups. Then i run up hill for 20 mins H.I.I.T style with intervals of about 2/1/
Saturday my legs are sore so i just take about a 20 min slow walk. Sunday i take about a 45 min medium paced walk.
Am i doing to much cardio do u think if i want to start re gaining muscle, and can i try build 1lbs a week (instead of the usual half pound) as i will be regaining some muscle i lose while dieting. cheers

That looks real good i have to say. watch overtraining though. I know what u mean about the face btw. I have that too and people think im a drug user. IM not sure about re gaining the muscle u lose while dieting. would be interested to know too what people think as i will be real soon. I would imagine u can make gains faster as your muscle has memory. so maybe increase ur calories per day like 500-700 that would be over a pound a week. Then try to add about 2 pounds a week after a few weeks when u bring ur calories up. watch ur Body fat. happy training

Top Bottom