Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio and Weight Lifting on Same day

clan0907

Hi, i'am 26 and 98kg with 160cm. As an obese guy i recently started going gym. My trainer recently advice me on doing cardio and lifting on same day.

my weekly schedule is:
Mon - Cardio (45min) and Core workout
Tue - Cardio (45min) and Upper Body workout
Wed - Cardio (45min) and Leg workout
Thur - OFF
Fri - Cardio (45min) and Core
Sat - Cardio (45min) and Upper/Leg
Sun - Cardio (45min) Only

is this ok?
I dunno how effective it is to to cardio and workout on same day.
He also advices me to take amino acids during cardio and take whey protein after workout.

He wants you to lose weight. Looks like he is giving you a beginners safe workout for a obese person. Looks ok for now for initial cardio and kickstart. He just wants you to get moving and to do it safely. After 3 or 4 weeks change to more weights. Do you know why you got obese? Monitor your results.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

I do cardio 7 days per week and lift 5. Cardio is good for you. If you are overweight and want to correct it you should be putting your emphasis on cardio and diet, with lifting mainly to preserve muscle.

Yes, muscle is metabolically active while fat is not really so having muscle as compared to fat you will burn a little more calories, but it is only a little.

I know diet and cardio is no where near as sexy as lifting but its what you need right now, whether you try to convince yourself otherwise or not. Use the time to really learn the exercises so once you drop your bf% you can go to town.

Yes, muscle is metabolically active while fat is not really so having muscle as compared to fat you will burn a little more calories, but it is only a little.

I know diet and cardio is no where near as sexy as lifting but its what you need right now, whether you try to convince yourself otherwise or not. Use the time to really learn the exercises so once you drop your bf% you can go to town.

hmmm thats actually solid advice... thanks man...

Hey
my weekly schedule is:
Mon - Cardio (45min) and Core workout
Tue - Cardio (45min) and Upper Body workout
Wed - Cardio (45min) and Leg workout
Thur - OFF
Fri - Cardio (45min) and Core
Sat - Cardio (45min) and Upper/Leg
Sun - Cardio (45min) Only
i think you are new on doing work out so i think its pretty okay as initial step... keep stick on this routine and after some time try to do more harder workout

Top Bottom