Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Cutoff Time

Most of us agree that Carbs should not be eaten before bed...my question is this:

How many hours before you go to bed should you cut yourself off from a high-carb meal/snack?

There seems to be a good amount of arguement on this. I think it depends on what kind of diet you're on. I've seen guys on here who down a protein shake right before bed, some even recommend it with honey. So I'm not real sure.

Personally, I lift late and have my post workout shake as my last meal of the day which can be as late as 9:30 pm. I think it has somewhere around 20 grams of carbs in it. Should get some interesting responsese to this.

i tired cutting carbs before bed for about a year and it didn't do shit, now i eat them to go along with my protien and i look the same as i did then, bodyfat wise that is.

very controversial issue
but as long as you count them into your daliy caloric intake
(if u do count) then i don't think it matters to much
it even my be beneficial to give yourself some carbs
before bed to burn so the protein can restore
damaged muscle tissue

There is absolutely NOTHING magical about not eating carbs after 6 pm, or before bed.....if your daily caloric are below what your body needs to maintain itself for 24 hours, you will lose weight regardless of when you eat them.....if it is more that what your body uses in 24 hours, you will gain weight regardless of when you eat them....

On a low carb diet, one could argue that eating carbs before bed would spike insulin for no reason......i diasgree with this....if you eat 100 g of carbs a day, or 20 g of carbs per day, as long as you stay with that number of carbs you will get the desired effect regardless of when you eat them......

People stres far too much about the role of insulin in carb cutting diets...while insulin halters fat loss, the reason low carb diets work is that by depriving your body of carbs you are emptying your muscle glycogen levels, and then your body will tap into body fat for energy.....the manipulation of insulin is a factor, but even a meal of 50 g of carbs wouldn't raise insulin for very long....

Insulin is an issue in fat loss, but even 200 g of carbs a day there are numerous times of the day when your insulin levels will not be high.......bottom line: stick to your carb limit (what ever it is, 20 g or 200 g), eat them with a post workout meal and when ever else you must, that includes before bed or at night.

Top Bottom