Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Can anyone give me tips on a photo shoot?

starskulker

Active member
I need some advice on how to go about a photo shoot. I'm not in any kind of competition shape but I am in the best shape of my life right now at 42. I want to get proffesional pictures done with the right kind of lighting and everything just so I have these pictures to know that I was in good shape at one point in my life.

How long should you diet down before somthing like this. Do you do a pre workout to pump up for the shoot? I just want any kind of advice I can get before I decide to do this. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
 
starskulker said:
I need some advice on how to go about a photo shoot. I'm not in any kind of competition shape but I am in the best shape of my life right now at 42. I want to get proffesional pictures done with the right kind of lighting and everything just so I have these pictures to know that I was in good shape at one point in my life.

How long should you diet down before somthing like this. Do you do a pre workout to pump up for the shoot? I just want any kind of advice I can get before I decide to do this. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
You could do a full out contest prep diet, carb rotation, water depletion, kind of thing. I'd get the low down from my board on the Competitor's Corner Board. Tell them I sent you.
 
It depends on what look you are going for. When I get ready for a shoot it's the same as getting ready for a contest, but I don't diet as long because it's not necessary to be that lean.

You'll need to drop your water just like doing a show, carb up, etc. I would get a pro photographer that specializes in physique photography.
 
I would add, make sure your shave, tan, and get someone to help you practice posing.
 
Thank you very much for the advice you guys. I'm right in the middle of a tren/eq/test cycle. Should I wait till that is over to start the diet? Or should I start now and be ready in say 6 weeks when the cycle is over? Is clen a good thing to add at this point to my cycle?
 
starskulker said:
Thank you very much for the advice you guys. I'm right in the middle of a tren/eq/test cycle. Should I wait till that is over to start the diet? Or should I start now and be ready in say 6 weeks when the cycle is over? Is clen a good thing to add at this point to my cycle?

I would start dieting now. That's a great cycle for what you are trying to do. Another thing I would recommend is having someone take pics of you and practice your facial expressions and body language. This is an often overlooked aspect, but if you look at pro fitness models and then look at someone that just started it's very evident.
 
starskulker said:
Thanks Mac. I do make some pretty stupid looking faces when I flex...lol..

Most bodybuilders never think about their facial expressions when doing a shoot. We are experts at holding our bodies just right, but completely forget about our face! Make sure you do a variety of shots. For my shoots I never do bodybuilding poses, such as the mandatories. A good photographer will direct you, just pay attention. They know their shit!
 
Top Bottom