Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can a cell phone in one country call a cell phone in another country?

napolean22 said:
buy a phone card. You can get a global one for about $0.15/min.

As far as cell phones. Certain providers can activate your cell phone to work in Europe, but you have to bring your phone in to have another chip installed. Also, its still more expensive than 15cents/min.

I think I read something related to this...it said something like cell phones in Europe run on different frequencies than cell phones in the US...hence the need for a new chip to be installed (see above paragraph).

I agree with the phone card - waaaaaaaay less expensive.

One can always use thier cell within their own country to call out. The question of whether or not your cell will work while you are in another country is a horse of another color. You must have a triband phone for this to work or as Napoleon stated, you must get another symcard and change them when you move about.

Text messaging is a great alternative. ;)

tuc biscuit said:
ok, well can you text between countries then?

It depends. Within Europe, absolutely. Transatlantic - no. :( But if your phone allows emails that is sweet. You guys can email through phones. Between emails and texts I keep in touch w/my friends nation and worldwide. :)

Who's your service provider? As far as texting to England I only know Verizon, compatible with T-Mobile and Vodaphone..

u should be able to text to aother country provided they have a netowrk which allows that

and calls shouldnt be a poblem too, but it will cost a lot

oh...you live in the UK? Id just dial up your SP, theyll give you a list of compatible networks. I know you cant txt Verizon...

Top Bottom