Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calves exercising for women

aranza7

guys I need a tip on which work out routine could be the most effective for my caps, I'm, struggling to get them big, my legs look nice, lean and hard bud my calves aren't as muscular as I wish.

You need to start thinking of different types of workloads.

Usually calves need high reps, high volume training. But I tend to switch it up a bit and also do loads of stretching inbetween sets.

The calf muscles are one of the largest endurance muscles in your body. Trying to get your calve muscles to grow is almost the equivalent of trying to get the muscles in your jaw to grow. Think about it. Your calves are designed to be able to carry you for hours if you needed to walk a far distance.

Calves respond best to high reps and low reps. They are a mix of type 1, 2a and 2b muscle fibres. I recommend hitting them every other day or twice per week and alternating heavy days (6-10 rep ranges for working sets) and volume days (10-100 rep ranges for working sets).

Remember to do some seated calf exercises in addition to straight leg calf exercises to ensure you hit both the gastronomeus and soleus muscles.

It is all very individual - what works for one person, does not necessarily work for another. Therefore, you need to try different approaches, and see what works best for you, and focus your training on this aspect. Bodybuilding is a very individual sport, where everyone has to feel their bodies, and find the optimal training regimes for them.

Calves need to be worked extremely hard to grow. They carry your weight around all day so you really have to train them hard. Mix up heavy and lighter weights and low and high rep ranges. You really have to push them though.

Top Bottom