Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

caffiene and Creatine

I wait at least an hour after taking caffeine than I take my creatine, also make sure to drink lots of water. The reason you shouldn't take caffeine and creatine together is caffeine makes you pee a lot, and creatine is most effective when you are loaded with water, which is why people think they lose their abs on creatine, when in reality they are just retaining more water.

actually the original studies with creatine were done with tea.

there is a lot of conflicting evidence over the caffiene/creatine interaction- likely due to a wide variance of response to both these substances.

Babyfaced Assassin said:
so as long as caffiene isnt take with creatine it's ok?
are there any stimulants/thermos that are caffiene free?
I think any thermos are going to have the same effect as caffeine even if they don't contain it. What are you hoping to do? I would take one or the other. By the way, how did your poster come out?

ma huang or just plain ephdrine can actually stimulate creatine uptake but caffeine from what i understand can increase insulin resistance so i am guessing if you are using carbs with creatine and caffeine is in the system you are especially going to have a problem but you can easily take some R-ALA to counteract the effects of the caffeine. Hope that helped a lil

the cellular constriction/diuretic qualities of caffeine just decrease the efficiency at which creatine is absorbed. I really see no difference w/ or w/o caffeine. Then again... i think creatine is a crap supplement so I'm biased.

ZKaudio
thanks
i spoke to a nutritonalist about this issue and he told me the score saying it was ok as there have been studies to coutner refute the claims that creatine and caffiene dont mix
as for creatine being crap well i've been taking it for over a week now and i do seem to feel better when im doing pad and bag work, maybe cos my muscles are more hydrated :)

Top Bottom