Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

burnout

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
How do you deal with burnout?

I'm experiencing this right now.

This happened to me about 4 1/2 years ago, but last time my "break" was 3 months. I want a quicker way to deal with this, or tips on how you deal.

I'm not getting up to do cardio, and I'm hating everything right now. Usually, I might be tired, but i will normally feel gross if I dont go.

I feel nothing but hatred towards any movement at all!! Whats wrong w/ me?

Help!!!

Thanks in advance :)

Are you taking any supplements?
Were you eating enough for the training you were doing?
Bored of doing the same thing? Maybe you need a change? Variety?

Last time I experienced this my chiro/acupuncturist, after NONE of my other docs could find ANYTHING wrong with me (blood work/labs etc), he pinpointed my adrenal glands being shot.

Hope you feel better. I always felt better when I got there, but after awhile, I would get to the gym & wanna leave b/c of the ^^ reason (or at least the only reason that made ANY sense thus far).

:rose:

Bunny what did you have to do for your adrenal glands to get back to normal....

Try to mix things up or take some type of class or anything not the norm

Gymgurl said:
Bunny what did you have to do for your adrenal glands to get back to normal....

Try to mix things up or take some type of class or anything not the norm
Of the many things my doc is into, traditional chinese medicine is one of them. He has herbal supps there for specific issues, he suggested one for the adrenal issues. In addition to that, I also had acupunture and cut anything 'rough' out of my diet (any thing hard was OUT, apples, nuts, raw veggies, no caffeine or soda, candy or booze, etc, for a two weeks I think. I'd have to go find it I my log, under that huge Acu expereince post if you remember.

No, it started about a month ago, I'd get to the gym, but I'd skip the cardio. Now this. RIght now I'm getting about 9 sometimes 10 hours of sleep and I feel like I need all of that. Thats not normal for me!! I just cant explain it I'm not acting like myself.

My company changed my insurance policy to one with somewhat higher deductables, so now I cant just go to the doctor whenever I feel like somethings wrong.

And no, I'm not taking supplements, and never really had to unless I wanted a little extra push. Just a multi. I also average around 1500 cals a day, which should not be too little food so I dunno. hmmm. Is it laziness? I have always been so good at always making sure I had time to fit in fitness, now I wont go for a brisk walk.

Something is not right!!! I have not "offically" taken a break, should I? I just dont want it to last forever like last time!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long should I take a break?

It happens to all of us...

Lethargy.. my fave word at that time. I would sleep for hours, wake up and want to sleep again. Too tired to do anything. Bunny NOT go to the gym?? Everyone thought I was crazy. Everything was just tired, and this was AFTER taking 2-3 weeks off, I wasn't evening training and this happened.

My insurance doesn't cover my chiro or alternative therapies.

Anyway, how long have you been doing the same thing? Training & diet? Maybe you are bored, need a change? Training Partner? try something new? Set a mini goal?

Something else in your life bringing you down?

How long have you been training? 1 year without a break? at least a week? Maybe your body needs time to 'recover' and just do NOTHING.

I had a break in March last year of a week so Its only been 6 months.

My old insurance policy covered EVERYTHING. even chiro. Everything. I switched to hubbies because it was free becasue inlaws told me it was bettter....no! They dont even offer that insurance anymore. They would put me back on the policy for 750 a month. Yikes! I miss it. :(

Well, I'll give myself a week. If that dont fix me up, I might make an appointment to the doc. Are there other signs besides tiredness? I dont really feel sick per se, but yeah I am normally pretty good w/ the whole gym thing. Maybe not the diet part, but this is something I enjoy, and now I just cant seem to find the will to go.

and its not depression. I know I'm not depressed. I'm just tired. lol.

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I just don't even feel like sweating, then I look at the calender and it's been 4 weeks and about 10lbs of bloat later...yikes..
How about going to an event??? A 5K/10k race, a triathlon, bodybuilding competition, bike race... Sometimes being around a bunch of motivated in shape peeps is inspiring. You don't need to sign up for it, just go watch and soak up the atmosphere.

Top Bottom