Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Routine except 5x5 based on 3 days?

NOLOGY77

Hello everyonde. Summer is over so i started planning for gym and try to put on some good clean weight if possible.

I only have Mon-Tue-Fri to go to gym and i know is enough beacuse i have tried 2 years ago the 5x5 madcow program and it worked great. What i want to know is there any other program for bulking since i have tried 5x5 and i want to test my body for something else.

I am 178cm height, 74kg weight with i believe 11-12% body fat. I have pretty good definition chest abs but i lack a little bit of mass. I would like to put on le say 4-5kg and be n the same level of body fat next summer.

What do you reccomend? I have cruised through a website of Vince DelMonte dont know if anone knows him and saw his full body training program seems a lot of volume but i put it as one of my options. I also saw 5x5 Stronglifts beginner program but still is identical to madcow.

Thanks for any answers

A 5*5 would be hard with mon/tues back to back. Need at least a day between to recover. I'm almost finished with it and plan on moving on to the Wendler 5/3/1...which is what would be an idea. It focuses on one body part a day and can be done three times a week if split right. I think they have an outline of it on Stronglifts.com. Also look at the Coan/Phillipes plan for deads and bench and then make your own routine out those two.

From My Droid!

How about...

Monday- push
Tuesday- legs
Friday- pull

Make sure you include squats on leg day, deadlifts on the pull day, and bench and military press on the push day.

If you have had a while off lifting start off with a full body workout 3 days a week.
Monday Wednesday Friday is perfect.

This is what you want...

Squats/deadlift (alternate)
Bench press
Bent over row
Chin ups
Dips
Military press
Abb/core exercise

Do all of them 3 x 8-12 except squats/deadlifts you can do 5x5 if you want.

Do this for a good 3 months and then split up the big compounds and add some isolations.

Thanks typo for your suggestion, I was thinking of doing the SL 5x5 for 3 months adding in the chinups dips etc what do you all think? Of course diet is a crucial point i have the ability and time to eat 5 times per day the usual things chicken, fish, beef, nuts, protein shakes eggs tuna etc.

If I was doing M-W-F and didn't want to do a 5x5 type program I'd probably just go upper/lower. Seems like a lot to get done on the upper day, but there are tricks like alternating sets, supersets, etc. You can get a thorough chest and back workout in a short time alternating exercises, say bench press and rows or benches and chins. Works great with 5 rep sets too.

The full body workout mentioned above is also a great idea if you need something to break you in.

If I was gonna do a 3x/wk upper/lower split my leg days would probably start out as little more than squats and either deadlifts, hypers, or good mornings along with some ab work. Where I'm at now I do squats supersetted w/ leg presses, max deadlifts if I can tolerate them that day, weighted hypers, calf work, and occasionally leg curls, extensions, adduction machine etc. for a little volume at the end or to warm up.

Stronglifts is a solid program. Not perfect but infinitely better and IMO safer than the idiotic bullsh*t 95% of people are doing in the gym.

Top Bottom